Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Musical Birthday...

Hello & Happy Wednesday Everyone!
How's your week going so far? Mine is going
pretty good, since it'll be a short work week!
Only a few weeks left til Spring Break! 😉
And YES I'm counting down the days! hahahaha

As you all know.. I make cards for the staff
at the school I work for - So I'll be posting LOTS
of Birthday cards - Hope you don't mind -

Today, I have 2 cards to share - I told you on Friday
that I got lots of new dies - so of course I want to
try them ALL out! I mean who wouldn't? Am I right? 😁



I made a Female & Male version of this card - Using Distress inks
and some AWESOME dies!! I so LOVE the way they both turned out
Metal Dies ROCK! LOL Just sayin' 😋


The Cool Musical die is from Memory Box - I was so impressed
with how great it cut through the cardstock with adhesive on the back -
I cut the Musical Birthday die out 4 x's to make that my main
focal point - The Distress inks I used on this card are - Carved Pumpkin,
Peacock Feather, Cracked Pistachio, & Picked Raspberry - 
I HAD to add some Clear Wink of Stella 
to the word as well.. Gotta have some sparkle!
The Background die is called (Circle Flower Background Die) and it's
a Gina Marie Designs die - Scrapbook Outlet



This turned out AWESOME!!! I love the distress inks I chose
for this one - Old Paper, Pumice Stone, & Frayed Burlap
The Background die is another Gina Marie Designs called
(Stud Dot Argyle Background) - Scrapbook Outlet
It cut out all those tiny dots - Way cool!! I also cut
some stars with the burlap 6x6 paper stack by DCWV

Both cards are popped up with some fun foam for
a little more dimension -

-- Additional Supplies Used --

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, Georgia Pacific
Big Shot, Ranger Round Blending Tool
Stitched Card Mat die - My Favorite Things
Star Dies - Little B
Glitter Enamel dots on Female card - Freckled Fawn
Black Enamel dots on Male card - Eyelet Outlet
Bitty Sparkle Gems - CTMH


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!

Theresa

21 comments:

Blue6366 said...

Beautiful cards. Really love the colored one. Makes me think about tie dyes. :)

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards!! love the musical die!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

These are so awesome!!

Lisa said...

Oh, I love these!! That musical die is fabulous (metal dies do rock!!) The colors are gorgeous!! Beautiful cards, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the background dies you used, they are definitely on my wishlist! The backgrounds of your cards look amazing!

Lisa said...

Love both of these. Those gorgeous inked backgrounds and LOOOVE your new dies! Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love them both! Those are the coolest dies I've ever seen! Love the background effect!! ❤️❤️❤️

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Great cards - I love the dies & wow I love the backgrounds _ I need to start to get more creative with this -
Lord knows I have the stuff! it just looks so pretty on my shelf !! LOL LOL
You make such nice cards!!

Georgiana said...

Wow! These are awesome! I sure do like your backgrounds, but that brown is a favorite with the burlap stars.

Beth F. said...

I love seeing those background dies from GMD in action! At first I didn't know if they were something that I would want/use, but seeing how neat they look on your cards has prompted me to add them to my wishlist! I really love the argyle dot card. The colors you distressed with and the burlap stars are perfect together. P.S. Color blending with the distress inks is also something I JUST started so I will be experimenting with that too :)

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!!! These are totally awesome Theresa!!! I sooooo love that die!!!!

Sherrie K. said...

These are FABULOUS! I love the backgrounds and fun dies you used!
Sherrie K

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are so cute! They are both awesome but I really love the male version! Cool new dies!

Gerda said...

Both cards are BEAUTIFUL. Theresa!! I love the gorgeous backgrounds and the dies you used!!
Have a great day, my friend.
Gerda

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous cards my friend! I love the fun birthday die!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love seeing your bday cards! They are always fabulous and inspiring!! Love how you made both versions <3

Mayras Designs said...

These are wonderful!! Love the colors !!

Tiggerscraps said...

Those are really cool cards! I love them both.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

ooooohhhh...these are FUN! I love both versions! The colors are fabulous on the girly version and I love the texture on the male version. The musical birthday die is awesome, the black just really pops on both of your wonderful cards!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Love your inked backgrounds - both are so very pretty. The music die is very pretty too.

Roberta Stevenson said...

WOW! I really love how you did your backgrounds on these cards! They both look totally amazing!