Friday, March 24, 2017

Happy Holidays/Christmas....

Hello & Happy Friday Everyone!
YAY! The weekend came back around!
I've had a rough week trying to get back
into the groove of working after being off
a week... I think I'm finally there... 
but now it's the weekend again.... 
so hopefully I'll be okay come Monday! 

I've got my weekly Holiday card to show you -
I made 2 of them.... same design different papers....
I'm not a huge fan with how they turned out -

Sometimes when I get an idea... I go with it
and hope it turns out like I thought.. and sometimes
it does and I'm thrilled... sometimes it's just okay and I
live with it... because..well that's life! 😉

Of course while making these cards - I made a
boo boo... I'm sure you've all been there before
when creating something - So then I had to fix it
and I think that's where I was like... ugh.. whatever!



As you can tell... they are the same... I think the Wink of Stella on the
Happy Holidays shows a little to much... but it was really plain
without something ---


The (Happy Holidays) is a Silhouette File (# 52372)
I cut it out 3x's using adhesive backing to make layering it
easier.... The designer Paper is from Echo Park (I Love Winter)
and I used a Red Wink of Stella Glitter Pen 


The (Merry Christmas) is a Gina Marie Designs die, 
cut out 3x's as well... 
I added Clear Wink of Stella to shimmer it up a little bit...
The Designer Paper is Echo Park (I Love Christmas)


** Other Products Used **

Cardstock - Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, Stampin' UP
Itty Bitty Clear Gems - CTMH
Stitched Card Mat Die - MFT
Big Shot, Silhouette Machine
Adhesive - ATG, ThermOweb, Elizabeth Double Sided


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

Theresa

16 comments:

Marilyn said...

Two pretty cards!!

Blue6366 said...

Oooh, these are both beautiful but that blue one really takes the cake for me.

Gerda said...

These Christmas cards are both beautiful!! I love the pretty papers and the color combo you used!! I love them both!!
Have a great weekend.
Gerda

Sukie said...

Such fun and festive cards! I love the sparkle on the word art! Great mix of colors and patterns too!

Lisa said...

They're both so gorgeous, Theresa!! I love the papers you used and the colors!! Festive and fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Such beautiful holiday cards!!Love the pretty papers and sparkle!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Sharon said...

I love these cards Theresa!!! The pattern papers you used are just fabulous!!!!

Karen said...

My dear friend, your cards are perfectly beautiful! (Did you say too much sparkle?! Say what?! Hehe!) Your work always turns out lovely, Theresa. The banners are so pretty in their design.. and of course I love all of the papers you used! Always know that everything you make will brighten the hearts of all who see it. :) I missed you so much while I was away, my friend! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Love these -
They are simple & so cute!!

Kate said...

These are fantastic! Even though they are the same, they look quite different too! I can't see anything wrong so your fix-up seems to have done the trick!!

Tiggerscraps said...

These are great! You can never have too much sparkle on Christmas cards in my opinion. The great thing about making cards is the person getting them doesn't know what you saw in your head!

Karla Yungwirth said...

These are both really gorgeous! I think you're being too hard on yourself, but you're right- we won't love everything we make, and that's ok! We've created and learned and had fun in the process!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

I think the 2 cards are wonderful! The Wink of Stella is always a great addition. =) I hate when I have project I sit and struggle with forever, but make it thru and it's only "ok". Makes me wonder why I kept at it!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! You are going to have such a wonderful stash of cards waaaay before Christmas rolls around this year -how awesome! I think the Wink of Stella is great - gotta have that sparkle, especially for Christmas.

Lisa said...

Love this! Love all of the layers and patterns... you are really rockin' the Christmas!

Roberta Stevenson said...

Beautiful cards! Love the designs!