Monday, July 24, 2017

Quick & Easy Christmas Cards....

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was
relaxing! After returning to work this past
week, I was putting in a bunch of hours...
Already wore myself out and my body aches!
I guess that's what happens when you're off
for 6 weeks! LOL Luckily this is a Holiday weekend
here in Utah! They Celebrate Utah becoming a State, so
It's called Pioneer Days around here... I'm cool with it, cuz it
gives me a chance to kind of recuperate from this first
week back to work! 😃

You all know I make 1-holiday card a week and this has nothing
to do with Christmas in July - So, this week I'll be sharing
(6) holiday cards because I'm behind in making my cards
due to my vacation - Which means I'll be ALL Caught up now! YAY ME!


So, here's one of the cards I made (actually 2) LOL




I decided to cut out an image using my Silhouette Machine, I got the Cameo 3
recently and thought I better put it to work! The file is from the Silhouette
Store (#51751) Tis the Season to be Jolly
I cut it out with Gold Cardstock from Bazzill
I decided I didn't like a plain background so, I made some splatters
using Distress Ink Sprays (Festive Berries & Tarnished Brass)
I then wanted it to Sparkle, so I used my Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz
Spray (Imagine Crafts) - I totally love the shimmer along with the gold
from the die cut. I added Fun foam to give it some dimension since the card
will be flat for mailing out. I added some Ice Cube Mix (Lucy's Cards) &
some Bitty Adhesive Clear Gems (CTMH) - Super Easy to make




Because this was super quick & easy to make, I decided to make 2 of them!
Adds to my Weekly Quota if you ask me! 😉 The backgrounds are a tad
different... one background has more splatters than the other... I like the one with
fewer splatters, my son likes the one with more... I did do the insides as well using
a Sentiment from Scrappy Moms (Merry & Bright Set) and (Candied Apple) Distress
Oxide ink along with some Clear embossing powder - 
2 down a couple more to go!!! 😉




Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Fabulous day!!


Theresa

12 comments:

Lisa said...

They are so gorgeous!! I love the splatter background!! So beautiful, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards!!

Beckie Williams said...

These are so pretty!! I love the shiny!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB Christmas cards!

Sukie said...

Very pretty cards! I love the way you created the background! The gold looks so elegant!

Tracey said...

I love quick and easy cards....great cut file, pretty card!

Nana said...

Beauiful Theresa. Love the gold and how the fun splattter background makes it pop. I know what you mean about feeling wore out. That is the olny thing I dislike about getting older. lol
Have a creative day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

Gerda said...

Both cards are gorgeous!! I love the pretty background!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Migdalia said...

Beautiful Christmas cards my friend!!One of my favorite cards made by you!!Love the Silhouette die cut!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Sok Sareth said...

I love quick and easy cards....great cut file, pretty card!

บอลพรุ่งนี้

Karla Yungwirth said...

These look awesome! I love this design!! Hope you're all recuperated from work!

Lisa said...

I think they are both awesome! Great idea for a quick yet beautiful card!