Monday, August 21, 2017

Camp Create Day #5 Delightful Die cutting!

Hello & Happy Monday Crafty Peeps!!
Are you guys as exhausted as I am???
It was a long first week back to school -
then I went NUTS by trying to join the
while they celebrate the end of Summer
with another week of Camp Create!!!

And now it's back to work again today - UGH!
Maybe I'll get some rest when it's Labor Day weekend! HAHAHA

Well... it's my LAST Post for Camp Create!
I'm trying to earn my badge for Day #5
Delightful Die cutting



Here's what I created to show you!



Now.... Who knew I was gonna throw in my Weekly Holiday Card Challenge???
ANYONE??? I know... I surprised myself too! LOL
I wasn't gonna do it, but then thought... well... I need to make my holiday 
card anyway... so why not??? tehehehe (BONUS) for me anyway! 😊

So... I think the point of this card is too make the Sentiment the
Focal point of the card - The background objects are suppose
to be subtle while the sentiment POPS!
Which I think I achieved with this card - 

I pulled out my Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink
and created a background with it - then I used it again
for the Tree Die Cut - from Papertrey Ink (Shaker Shapes Die)
I used my Blueprints #13 Stitched Rectangle Die, then
attached my tree on top! I then used my Sparkle Shimmer
Spray and dabbed some of the color off using a cloth --
I attached some fun Foam to the back and adhered it
to my Gold Foil/White Card front base --

Then I die-cut the word (Peace) from Hero Arts 3x's
I made sure that 1 of the word dies had adhesive on the front
& back of the word - this way I could attach some gold foil to it -
After rubbing the gold onto the word die, I peeled it back to reveal 
the pretty gold, which totally Stands out on my card!
I then added a couple of gold sequins to tie it all together - 

I really like the simplicity & subtleness of my card -

Thanks so much for stopping by today
& ALL Weekend long while I shared my
Camp Create Projects with you!

It was FUN to go camping -
But it's even better when you get home from
your camping trip! hahahaha 

Have a FABULOUS DAY!!

Theresa

17 comments:

Treva said...

Nice card, like the simplicity of the design.

Marilyn said...

Pretty card!!

Beth F. said...

Your card is great! The gold sentiment really brings out the gold in the background paper.
You aren't the only one who is exhausted from last week and the weekend. Unfortunately the weekend for me was so busy that today feels like I am dead on my feet, which is NOT a good feeling for a Monday! Plus I have to can lots of green beans today...oh well. I will carry on LOL! I hope you have a wonderful day, my dear crafty friend!

Mayras Designs said...

Very pretty , Theresa !!
Hugs&Blessings,
Mayra

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the shiny gold!! Elegant and fabulous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori said...

Your sentiment definitely pops! Beautiful card - lovely shading on the Christmas tree. Sounds like you're busy, busy - hopefully you will get to catch your breath soon!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Migdalia said...

Love the gold and sentiment!!Absolutely beautiful my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


CA Scrapper said...

Hello my friend. That is a lovely card! You are sure going to be well stocked by November with your holiday cards. I'm jealous! Hope you have a great week. Thank you again for my birthday goodies, I loved them and can't wait to use them.

Leslie

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card! The sentiment in gold brings such elegance to your card! The background looks so pretty too!

Beckie Williams said...

Your card is amazing. I don't think I am going to be able to finish my cards for the Camp. I will survive!! I love how your tree is just perfect!!

Lisa said...

So beautiful! Love the soft green with the gold... gorgeous way to to use this technique!

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful!!
I love the subtle background with the pop of gold for the sentiment..beautiful.

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love that you coordinated your holiday card with the camp create technique! It's beautiful!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

So, so pretty! I LOVE the gold, it looks awesome with that soft green. Gorgeous!

Tracey said...

Really pretty holiday card Theresa...love the gold! Thank you for sharing the tip for foiling your sentiment, great idea! Have a wonderful week!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card, Theresa!! I simply LOVE it!! Have a great day.
Gerda