Sunday, January 21, 2018

Dare 2B Artzy Guest Designer Week #2

Hello & Happy Sunday Crafty Friends!
I'm back as Guest Designer for
Dare 2B Artzy during the month of January!

I'm just so Excited to be their Guest Designer
and I'm totally Lovin this Super CUTE


Check out what I created with it this week --


I started out by stamping the Cup & Topping images on some
Tim Holtz Water Color paper, using my Misti Tool &
some Versafine Onyx Black ink


Then I pulled out My Zig Real Brush Pens to
color up my images - I also Pulled out my
White & Clear Wink of Stella Pens to color the
Topping images - I thought they should sparkle! 


Once I got the mugs colored I thought it was time to 
pick some matching Papers & Dies --
I pulled out some Doodlebug Paper and a piece of Vellum
Then I added a couple of Rectangle Stitched dies & a Doily die


 I decided I wanted to use a stencil & make my own background - 
So I pulled this adhesive back dotted swirl stencil from my stash and 
grabbed some Distress Inks to match up with my mugs --
I did some masking off since I didn't want the colors
all over my white cardstock piece --


Here's a close up so you can see how I mixed the colors
together with the swirls - I tried to use different shades
of purples, blues, & grey... After I was done I
used a stitch die to cut out my cardstock - 
the final size is 3 1/4 x 4 1/2


This is my card completed - I Cut the Vellum with the Doily Die
because I wanted the swirls in the background to stand out --
It adds just enough to also make the mug Pop!


I cut a strip of grey Designer Paper and Stamped the sentiment 
with Versamark ink then Heat Embossed it with some 
Fine White Embossing powder - then I cut the ends
to give it that banner look - I also POPPED up my
Yummy Topping for just a little extra dimension - 



I had SOOOO MUCH Fun Making this card!
I can't wait to mail it off to one of my Crafty Friends!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Theresa

17 comments:

Nana said...

What a cute, fun and cheery card. Love the colors all the dots and of course the cup. Great choice in using the Vellum for the doily. Love it.

Hugs Nana

Lisa said...

Love love love this! Your swirly polka dot background is awesome and love the design! Congrats on your guest design week!

Eva Laney said...

How super cute, thanks for all of the details.
Eva Scraps

Janis Lewis said...

What a cute card! Love the progress photos.

Gerda said...

What a super cute card, Theresa!! I love the gorgeous colors and the background!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Marilyn said...

Cute card!! Love the colors and love how you cut a vellum doily

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the stenciled background and the pretty colors!! It was fun seeing how it came together, too!! Beautiful, my sweet friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Such a fun, beautiful card--love this!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my goodness I love the background you made!! it turned out so well!

This is a great stamp set - thanks for sharing

Lori said...

So much fun! Love that very cool background you created and the bright and cheery cup of cheer!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, you are so creative, Theresa! Thanks for showing your process. It's inspiring!!

Evelyn

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

I LOVE this pretty color combo and your card is totally adorable. Fun papers, great layout, adorable image and fabulous coloring - you've got it all my friend! Congrats on being a GD, your are rocking it!

Beth F. said...

This card is so pretty! The swirl dots were a great touch to add. I agree that using vellum for your doily really let that background pop while still showcasing the mug.

Karla Yungwirth said...

What a fantastic card!! I love all the different techniques you used, and I’m loving the blues and purples!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful card!!I love the fun papers and background!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Dare2B Discount Codes said...

This card is wonderful. I mean I haven't seen a cuter card than this one. Nice work.

Dare2B Discount Codes said...

The card is absolutely fantastic. I am amazed by the way you used all these techniques to create this card. Great work.