Monday, June 20, 2016

Get Well Boo Boo..... Long Post (WARNING)

Hello & Happy Monday to ya! I hope you
all had a FANTASTIC weekend!  I'm still enjoying
some time with my son - we are helping him get everything
situated before he leaves to his Duty Station - Deciding what
he should take with him & what he should just get rid of....
We've even discussed him being shipped out by Christmas time -
I'll keep you guys informed on whats going on - your like family to me
and it's nice to chat with all of you! :)

My computer is also giving me trouble still - I had to re-download the
Silhouette Program and then re-install 37,000 files 
It takes FOREVER! - of course, it downloaded like 28,000 files
and I had to contact Silhouette - which they said I would have to download 
my library from their site too - which I did - But now I have 9,600 files
all in one place - which is NOT how it was saved! Soooo
Lucky me, I get to sort the 9,600 files and put them back in their
proper files I had for them - talk about a task! UGH!!!

Plus we have more family coming to visit before my son leaves
and a couple of small road trips to make - JUNE is a very busy month
for us - never has been before.. but that's okay -

I'm sorry I haven't been able to "POP" in to your blogs - it has been crazy
trying to fix my computer - I miss visiting ALL of you like crazy!
I had to use a computer just to log into facebook for a few minutes to
post my projects - I really dislike dealing with computer issues -
especially if I think I've lost a few files - yes - I think I have - UGH
But I will have to shake it off, and move forward with what I do have :)

Not that I've told you everything, I've got
a card to show you, that I made for my Monthly
Card Swap Group - the Theme this month was
Get Well and the Sketch they chose to use was
from Deconstructed Sketches #158

I'm also using a Sweet KaDoodle Bug Designs SVG File






Here's what I created --




I thought this turned out pretty sweet - If you're feeling a little
under the weather, I think this will cheer you up! :)


Recipe for this card --


Cardstock - American Crafts, Stampin' Up
Designer Paper - Fancy Pants (The Good Life)
Digital Mouse Image & Sucker - KaDoodle Bug Designs
Deconstructed Sketch #158
Small Stitched Mat Die - Craftin Desert Divas (Pocket Pieces Hi)
Large Stitched Mat Die - Die-namics (Blueprint #13)
Sentiment - My Creative Time (Pain, Pain go away)
Trendy Twine - Black Licorice
Stitched Banner Die - My Creative Time (Ribbon End)


Thanks so much for sticking it out with me - 
as this crazy month continues! BIG HUGS!!!

Theresa

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this too shall pass. I sure hope your computer issues are soon a thing of the past. This card is so cute. I love your papers and layering. Looks so cute with the adorable mouse.

Lisa said...

Your card is so adorable, Theresa!! I love the sweet image!! The papers and layers are so fabulous!! Beautiful card my friend!!

Ugh, I'm sorry about the computer problems. I've been there and they are no fun. I think I'd cry if I had to sort almost 10K files!! Good luck and I hope you are able to get everything fixed and working properly. Enjoy the time with your son!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

It made me smile!!! Absolutely adorable!!Awesome job my friend!!
Good luck on your computer I am sure it will get fixed. Enjoy your time with your family.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

CA Scrapper said...

Hang in there, computer issues are never fun! Your card is so cute! Enjoy the time with your son, that's what matters most now.

Leslie

Sharon said...

All I can say is enjoy the craziness as long as it involves your family and/or friends!! Also, the computer issues will get resolved, I'm sure!!
Loving your card!! That little mousey is just to adorable!!!! :)

Sukie said...

Oh you poor thing, I don't envy you for all of the computer issues you have been dealing with! The nice thing is you are getting in some quality time with your family! Your card is fabulous! Good luck on getting everything resolved with your compute and enjoy those kiddos!

Tracey said...

Super Sweet card Theresa....those eye "WOW"! Don't you hate computer issues...I have had my fair share lately too...I hope yours are sorted out soon. You sound so busy, I'm surprised you have time to craft. Enjoy your week!

Nana said...

One super duper cute card. I hope you are having a blast with your son. I know what you mean about Silhouette and the mess it can cause when you files get all messed up. I have tried several times to do the new update and they say I have too many files because timing out. So I just restore my computer to a earlier date. Not sure I will ever get to update to the cloud version.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Herbal Pantry ♥

Georgiana said...

Super cute boo-boo mouse. I am so sorry to hear about your files! That is a monstrous job! Just do a little at a time and don't stress!

Gerda said...

This card is SUPER ADORABLE, Theresa!!! Love that sweet mouse and the pretty papers!!! I'am sorry to hear about you computer problems!!! Have a wonderful time with your family!!!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Karla Yungwirth said...

That is so crazy! But your card is super sweet!! Hope you get some crafty time :)

DIANA L. said...

Super card Theresa, I have missed you now I know why. WOW!! what a lot of files. Sounds like silhouette was pretty helpful.
Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

First of all, this card is seriously adorable! I love all the great layers and fun prints you used. That little nurse mouse is just cute as can be...love the eyes!

When my computer updated to Windows 10 my Silhouette did not want to play nicely at first. It took me several hours to get things working again and I'm still not 100 percent sure that it's all good. I hope you get your files in working order again..what a pain!

Blue6366 said...

What a precious get well card. Anyone with a boo boo can't help but feel better after receiving this.

Karon said...

Wonderful card. Hope you are enjoying the time with your son.

Roberta Stevenson said...

Little late catching up on all of the blogs for me too! So sorry about your computer issues. Hope you get everything working again soon. I like to back up all of my files onto a USB stick so that the I always have them available. Plus I back that up to an extended hard drive as well. Hope that info helps you out for the future.

Really love your card and the the adorable mouse. Your card looks FANTASTIC!

Tiggerscraps said...

Computer problems are the worst!! I find it really hard these days to make a card with out my computer or my Cameo. I thought I'd update my legacy (still holding on to version 2) and it upgraded me to version 3! Panic stricken! I had to leave the house for one of Emily's activities and luckily hubs was staying home. He was able to reboot the computer to last week and fixed it for me. I do not have the time or brain power to learn version 3 of the SIL program. Your card is really cute, that mouse is adorable.

Kate said...

Such a sweet card! Perhaps you should give it to your computer so it is more inclined to get well and cooperate with you!!