Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Completing Holiday Cards --

Hello & Happy Tuesday everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was
too Short! HAHA! We had our Fall Break
which was a nice 4 day weekend and I was able
to get tons of stuff done along with an all day
event on Saturday making Christmas cards with friends!

Sooo... Guess what I'm sharing today? 
Yup! My Weekly Holiday card!
Now, I know I didn't share one this last week....
But that was because I knew I was making several
of them on Saturday... Either way... I'm still ahead of the game!
Yay! For me! - 

Now let me start off by saying - I'm sure these card
designs came from somewhere - (IE. Internet? Magazines?
SU? CTMH?) - Honestly, I don't know
where since I was given each packet as is...
So, I can't give credit to anyone, since I really don't know -

Of course - I ended up changing ALL of them
or almost all of them, to fit what I like - The hostess
of this card class, tries to make the cards simple
for most of the ladies who attend it because they're
not your everyday Cardmaker like me & you are!
And she knew I was gonna change my stuff up
and add or subtract from her designs! At least she knows
me well enough to know, that's how I WORK! Hahahaha

So here is her card design that I had to create --


YES! It's a CUTE card - But I had a hard time with
the scallop, the sentiment, the large Hat & Bow -

So this is what I created with the pieces ---



First, I changed the cardbase to Black.... it makes it POP more -
Then I added Faux Stitching around the White Cardstock -
Then I changed the Embossing - I used the Lawn Fawn Swirl 
Stitched Plate... Then I used a Jaded Blossom Snowman
Stamped Image and colored in the carrot nose - 
I changed the hat to a Stitched Hat from My Creative Time - 
I chose to use Trendy Twine instead of the ribbon and
I removed the Circle/Scallop & Sentiment and replaced them
with the Label die from My Creative Time and the Sentiment is
from Crafting Desert Diva's, I Think?? -- 


Well... I've got more to share with you - But for now
I hope you ALL Have a Fabulous DAY!

Big HUGS!!!

Theresa

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

The first card looks nice,but I do prefer your card. I love the colors.

Beckie Williams said...

I so love your version better. The twine is super cute!! I love that swirl design plate .... awesome job. You are still way ahead of me with my Christmas cards!!

Migdalia said...

SUPER cute!! I love the cute snowman and pretty twine!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! That snowman is so sweet!! I love your take on the card!! The twine bow is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori said...

Darling! And yes, you are right - the black background makes it pop! Love the twine around his hat and bow around his neck. Adorable face, too!

Sukie said...

Fabulous card! I just love the sweet snowman! The twine accent is absolutely perfect and that face is way too cute!

CA Scrapper said...

You did a great job on your card, it's so adorable!! Still hot here but tomorrow is supposed to be better. I sure hope so. Have a great week my friend. Thank you for the adorable card you sent me, I love it!

Hugs, Leslie

Karla Yungwirth said...

Very very cute!! I love your version of this wonderful snowman card, and the sweet face you added!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I love the embossing on the blue paper. Looks like wind (if you could see wind!)

Evelyn

~ Kendra ~ said...

I so love your version better! Put a smile on my face!!! Love his adorable stamped face!

Lisa said...

This is awesome! Love the changes you made! Adorable!

Nana said...

Your version is by far he best. Absoulety adorable.