Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Firefly Crafts - Fall Challenge

Hello & Happy Wednesday Everyone!
It's time for a Brand NEW Challenge over at

Today's Challenge is SUPER EASY!!
It's a FALL CHALLENGE!!!
And I know ALL of you can create something wonderful for it!


These are the Rules for our Challenges:

1. You MUST use a Stamp or Die
(or some other main component of your project)
That CAN BE FOUND IN OUR SHOP

2. You MUST upload a photo of your creation
to the proper album on our Facebook Page before
Midnight EST. time August 30th

3. HAVE FUN!!!


We always have a Prize too!!!
 So, I would LOVE to see my crafty friends playing along with us -

The Challenge is on our
I hope you guys will join that group as well...



- here's what I created to Inspire you -




- As soon as I saw that Basket die... I knew I HAD to create
a fun fall basket with apples... Apples just go hand N hand with FALL!!!! I really love how this turned out... :)


- The basket looks like this once cut, inked & put together -


- It's a Great Basket Die... but I thought the handle was too
big for what I wanted so I did a little alteration -


- So, either way you make it, it turns out wonderful, the
weaving was super easy to do as well... I actually didn't use
any adhesive to hold it together... except for the 2 corner pieces
you see in the picture that are coming up at the top flap... That's it! :)



- I also wanted to show you the word die... I always put
adhesive backing on the back of my cardstock when cutting out
word dies.. it makes it so much more easier to have the adhesive already there then to add the adhesive after you cut out your word. In the photo you can see I cut it out 3 times, so I can layer them on top of each other to give the word more dimension - 

This is the double sided adhesive I use to cut out
my word dies... it can be used for anything really... I just mostly use it for my word dies....


I have it in the 2 1/2" wide & the 6" wide....



-- Info on my Card --

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, Georgia Pacific, Spectrum Noir Ultra
Designer Paper - Doodlebug (Happy Harvest & Fall Friends)
Woven Basket Die - Firefly Crafts
Thanks Die - Firefly Crafts (out of stock at the moment)
Stitched Card Mat Die - Firefly Crafts (out of stock at the moment)
Trendy Twine - Krafty Red
1 1/2" Stitched Square Mat die - Lawn Fawn
Stitched Banner Dies - Craftin Desert Divas
Stitched Apple Dies Lg. & Sm. - Jaded Blossom




Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Have a Crafty Day!

Theresa

14 comments:

Beth F. said...

Another very pretty fall card! I love that Apple basket! That Krafty Red trendy twine is the perfect embellishment.

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Nana said...

Beautiful card. Love the basket full of apples. Cute papers. Tanks for the tip on using the tape.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ MCC Shop ♥

Sharon said...

Awesome card Theresa!! Love the basket of apples!!! :)

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the basket full of apples!! This is so fun and festive and perfect for fall!! Love the papers, too!! I'm leaving on vacation and I will catch up with you when I return!! Have a great week my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card Theresa!! I love the basket and the pretty papers!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Karla Yungwirth said...

Fantastic card! This die is so sweet, and I love your smart idea to cover your card stock with adhesive before cutting!

Roberta Stevenson said...

Your card looks great Theresa. Really love the basket!

Roberta

Sherrie K. said...

Fantastic card! I love your bushel basket of apples! Fun papers to!
I will stop to visit when I am back from vacation to see your creations :)
Sherrie K

Karon said...

Wonderful card and love the basket of apples. TFS

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

I am absolutely loving this beautiful card! Fall is hands-down my favorite time of year and we get so little of it here in the south. I love your amazing basket - the weaving looks wonderful and your inking just brings it to life. Those apples look good enough to eat. Love the papers and pretty twine, everything just works perfectly together!

Kate said...

Such a fabulous fall card!! I love that basket, especially with the handle removed. Looks perfect for your big harvest of apples!

I need to look for some of that adhesive too. Thanks for the tip!!

Karen said...

Theresa, this is so pretty! It truly encompasses the beauty of Autumn... and most beautiful of all is a thankful heart. :o) The harvest bushel is gorgeous and I adore the whimsical background paper. You inspire so richly! And thank you for the crafty tip, too! I enjoy hearing tips and tidbits like that. Lovely work as always, my dear friend! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Lisa said...

So that's an awesome tip! And that basket of apples is equally awesome! Gorgeous card!