Friday, August 4, 2017

Victorine Originals Challenge #8 - Purple

Hello & Happy Friday Everyone!
Today... starts another FUN Challenge over at: 

 YAY! I know how you
guys enjoy a good Challenge!


Our Challenge is PURPLE - 



 You can follow the Theme or Use the inspiration photo
or Use the color combo all use all 3!!! You don't have to use
a stamp from Victorine Originals if you don't have one!


All the rules for this fun challenge are RIGHT HERE!



Here's what I created to inspire you --




I know I've mentioned this before... I don't use purple on my
cards... but I've noticed this past year that I've made several cards
using this color. It has been a challenge for me to try and use it more and
I think I'm doing pretty good. I decided to make 2 cards using the 
This stamp is another floral stamp that I just adore from

I chose to do the "Smooshing Technique" which is where you
add your distress inks to a clear acrylic block, then spray
it with water. Flip it over onto the water color paper.
I chose to leave it sit for 5 minutes which is how I got the bold
purple colors on the one card. I let the other card sit for a little less time.
Which gave it a more softer look.
I also added some of my Sparkle Shimmer Mist Spray 😁
It's so sparkly when you see it in person!
 After waiting for them to dry, I heat embossed the 
flower using versamark ink & white embossing powder.
Die cut the Prayers word out in Fun Foam & colored Cardstock
Added some (New to Me) Ice Cube Jewels from Lucy's cards


I like that both cards are a bit different from each other
& yet the same. 


** Other Supplies Used on my Card **

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, Distress Water color CS, Fun Foam
Large Stitched Rectangle Die - MFT
Scallop Stitched Frame Die - Craftin Desert Diva's
Medium Stitched Rectangle Frame - My Creative Time
"Prayers" word Die - Simon Says Stamp
Distress Inks - Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord,Shaded Lilac,
Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spray - Imagine Crafts
Big Shot, Misti, Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottle, Heat Gun
EK Success Powder Static tool, Fine White Embossing Powder
ATG gun, Stick It Adhesive, Glossy Accents



I hope you guys can join us over at Victorine Originals Blog
 I would LOVE to see what you create!


New to Victorine Originals??
Check out the Victorine Originals Store
Victorine Originals Blog
Victorine Originals Facebook Page

You can find me at these links 
Facebook - Pinterest



Thanks so much for stopping!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!

Theresa

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the purple!!

Nana said...

Beautiful Theresa. Love the smooshing and how the embossed flower pops off the card. Awesome!
Have a creative day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

Beth F. said...

Gorgeous cards, Theresa! I have recently been doing that smooshing technique too! I am getting a little bit addicted to it I think LOL! I didn't use much purple either until this spring when I found DCWV's Lilac Love paper stack and have using it like crazy. I think it just took the right shade of purple to inspire me ;)

Lisa said...

They are both so gorgeous!! The backgrounds look amazing!! I love these, my friend!! Artistic and fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Your cards look fabulous! I love how you created the backgrounds! Inks can be so magical! The colors of your card are stunning! Have a wonderful weekend!

Janis Lewis said...

LOVE your cards. This is twice in one week I've heard of someone using die cuts and fun foam. I never would have thought of that. I love how your cards look. Beautiful colors, and so very sweet.

Glenda said...

Beautiful cards! Love the pretty background!
Have a great weekend!
Glenda's Cards

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous! Love the rich purples.. so awesome! Hoping to play along this time!

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous cards!!Love the pretty purple and lovely image.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Hello friend! Long time, no chat! I finally made a few minutes to do something I want to do - visit my sweet bloggy friends and see what they have been up to.

So...I'm loving the purple you have going on here - it's gorgeous. After reading your post, I thought about how rarely I used this gorgeous color myself. I may have to do something about that in the near future because this is stunning! Love the pretty image and that die cut word is perfect for so many occasions.

Sharon said...

Oh my!!! These are most fabulous Theresa!!! I so love the purple and that the shades are different on your cards. And that Black-eyed Susan is fantastic embossed!!!! Awesome cards!!!!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

These are beautiful!! Love the purple background!! I'm a big fan of the smooshing technique too!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful cards!! I love the fabulous backgrounds !!!! Have a great day,
Gerda