Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birthday Cards for MOM!!!!

Happy Thursday Everyone! :) Yesterday I had my first day of sleeping in with my 7yr. old....
We hung out and watched a little T.V. and I was able to make a couple of Cards for my Moms Birthday which is today! :) I also found out yesterday that I WON the brand new Mini Monsters Cartridge from Tammy at http://www.cricutcritters.com/.... I was soooo super thrilled to find that out... I'm lovin that new cartridge and can't wait to get it and make some really cool cards! :) She had a special Hello Thursday showing on her blog and gave away a ton of wonderful gifts.... If you've never gone to her blog I highly recommend you go.... She is sooooo super talented and can make the most amazing crafts.... She's also an expert on the gypsy...well she may say she's not....but trust me you'll learn a lot from her! :)
Anyway here are today's cards that I made, please feel free to leave a comment. 
 (Just a reminder that you can click on ANY Photo to get a close up of the pictures)
This is a Tri-Shutter card.... I've NEVER made one before and I'm sooo glad that I did... I think it came out pretty nice... I got the cut from http://okieladybugsscrapnmore.blogspot.com/.... Okie made this as a Cut file for the Design Studio... I know their are tutorials on how to make this card with the cut dimensions but Okie made it a whole heck of a lot easier by just letting your machine do the cutting for ya! (THANKS OKIE)
She has the cut files on her blog and it can be cut on the Expression or the Baby bug.... So anyone can make it! I used DCWV Spring Stack for the whole thing! I used a Stampin' Up Stamp for the front of the card and some butterfly punches I have and some flower punches as well.... I really think my mom is gonna love it!

This is the card my kids will be giving to their Grandmother...Normally I have them make a card for her but I kinda wanted to try and make this one myself.... I know they don't care if I do or not! LOL I saw the layout for this one in my PaperCrafts Mag. I changed the papers and moved the flower and added a different saying...but all in all I like how it turned out.... Everything is Stampin' Up except for the Flowers...those are actually some Daisy D's flowers for Fall/Halloween... It matched really well with the paper so I thought why not? LOL Anyway thanks soooo Much for stopping by and I hope you have a Wonderful Day! :)

                                                                          Theresa

2 comments:

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

I always love seeing someone using the cut files I post! I love the colors and I am sure you mom will love the card!!

Sharon said...

These are just beautiful! My DH's birthday is today, too. Aren't the tri-shutter cards fun to make. I think they are great for a female card. Haven't figured out how to make them manly looking yet. Will work on that. Congrats on winning the monster cart from Tammy. Was excited when I saw that you had won!! Was hoping it would be me, but was glad it was you. Well, mostly glad! LOL Can't wait to see the awesome creations you make from it! :)