Friday, May 21, 2010

Male Birthday Cards!

Good Afternoon Everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! :) I'm sooo glad it's Friday...just 2 days left for the kids to go to school then I can get some Sleep! I love sleep! LOL Anywho..back to today's post.... I'm going to post some masculine Birthday cards.... they can be turned into Father's Day Cards or you can even turn them into feminine cards...How you ask? Well I know a lot of you out there have major trouble coming up with a Masculine card and I've learned it's not really that hard to do at all.... First of all having the right paper is key... We all know guys don't like Pinks & Purples on their cards... they like more neutrals and blacks, blues, greens.... So I've learned to take a card Sketch that you may find on Splitcoast stampers or on Mojo Monday or wherever you may have seen it and make it Masculine... Like these cards your about to see, they've all been done from either a sketch or a feminine card I've seen and all I did was change out the paper to more neutral colors and changed up some of the stamps/cuts... I've made them more simple too...Guys like "simple" ladies....they don't need all the extras we like to put on a card... I've learned this from my Hubby and my (3) boys and my (4) brothers.... I have way more males in my family than female soooo I've learned to adjust to that....:) If you have anything to add or a suggestion feel free to leave a comment...Thanks!



Theresa



I made this one using the Simply Sunday Sketch from Stamp with Heathers Blog... I used the Wonderful Paper Stack from DCWV called Natural...It is the perfect stack for male cards! Added some buttons , (1) Stamp, (1) Border Punch, and I made myself a masculine Birthday card!




This one is also from the DCWV Natural Stack and I used (1) Stamp, Ribbon and some nestabilities and there you go a masculine card! :)



I actually made this card last night... Same Stack and (2) stamps, ribbon and their you go another card I can give to my brother!:)



          This card was made using some Chatterbox paper, (1) Stamp, Ribbon, some Brads and now I've got myself another card to give to the men in my life... these can all easily be changed for Father's Day in my opinion.... Challenge yourself today to try and make a masculine card by looking at a past card you've made for a friend or female relative...it really can be done and I know all you wonderfully creative people out there can make something wonderful for the men in your life! Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Perfect male cards!!! What a great way to look at how to go about making a male card. I just sit and think and think and think and...you get the idea. I'm gonna try your way of thinking now! We do visit most of the same blogs don't we. Good taste!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love these cards! The colors are just perfect!