Monday, May 24, 2010

Sympathy Cards...

Happy Monday to all of you! I have one day left of getting up early for school with my kids... I'm sooo excited for this break and time of year! Of course where I live it's cold today.... we are not close to warm weather as yet....today's high is suppose to be the mid 50's....I know crazy right..we should be warmer than that! :) And my Hubby was ready to turn the heater off...NOT! LOL
On to todays post...I made 2 Sympathy cards over the weekend, and really like how they came out... I used my cricut for the bird and the flowers... Let me know what ya think! Have a great day!

I made this one using the "Straight from the Nest" Cartridge.... This is such a wonderful cartridge and well worth every penny from HSN.com.... This beautiful bird was cut out at 2 3/4" with the Shadow, Reg. feature. and shift key reg. feature... I used Chocolate Chip CS, Tan color from Core'dinations, Bashful Blue... I got out some Chatterbox Designer paper and added some copper brads to this.... I thought it came out lovely! :) TFL

I made this one using Plantin Schoolbook... This cartridge is great for a lot of things and surprisingly flowers are one of them! :) There are 4 flowers layerd and they start out at 1 1/2" and go all the way up to 2 1/4", I used the shimmer paper from DCWV on them.... I added a bling brad for the center and the Designer Paper is DCWV.... I have Stampin' Up cardstock in the Chocolate Chip & Old Olive colors and then I used the Core'dinations Cardstock for the lavender/purple color that was embossed with the swirls embossing folder.... TFL!
Theresa

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Theresa, these are just beautiful! Sympathy cards are so hard to make, so having some on hand makes it a little easier. I am really enjoying your cards. They are great!! I always enjoyed the first day that school was out when our children were little. Always a great time. Enjoy yours!! :)