Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sophie Floral.....

Hello and Happy Wednesday Everyone! I can't believe we are
in the middle of the week already! Kids will have a 3 day weekend
coming up and life is just grand! Ahhh! Do you hear that? That's
the sound of a happy mom looking forward to the weekend! LOL
My wonderful MIL asked me a couple of weeks ago if I could
make her some more "Hello" cards! Since she's been ill, she has
trouble writing and likes to send out cards to friends and family
to get some practice in with her writing... Sometimes I can read
what she writes to me and sometimes I can't, but that's the whole
point of her writing and sending out the cards to continue to get
better at it! :o) And of course she will not purchase another card
knowing that her DIL makes wonderful cards! OK... I just added
that last part in! But I'm guessing she thinks they're wonderful
cause she tells everyone I make them for her! LOL Any whoo!
Here is one of many I need to get made and sent to her very soon!

YES... I used Sophie AGAIN! :O)
I wanted to make this a nice card but simple.....

Card stock, Ink, Stamp - Stampin' Up
Designer Paper - Chatterbox (Scrap piece)
All the cuts are Bo Bunny Dots
White Signo Gel Pen
Stickles - Crystal, Candy Cane, Waterfall, Dark Blue
Cartridges - Sophie
It's on pg. 49 and they call it (Label8)
(Card) was Cut @ 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and I used the hide contour on
my Gypsy to hide the score cut marks...
(Red Floral) was cut @ 5 1/2"
George & Basic Shapes
I took a rectangle sized @ 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 and welded
an oval in the center of that (sized 3 3/4x 4 1/2)
and that is what the designer paper is cut at...
Then I took another Oval Shape (Yellow) and
cut that @ 3 3/4 x 4.65 to go behind the red flower....


Then on the inside... you can see the yellow oval...
but I thought it was plain sooooo, I added just a
Flower cut using the Sophie Cartridge...
It was cut @ 3 3/4" and I inked around the edges....
I added a piece of white card stock and a strip
of the Chatterbox paper to the bottom... I even
used a Scalloped border punch to just add a little
somethin' somethin'! The flowers are sections
from the actual flower cuts I made and thought it
would add some character to the inside too... then
just added the stickles as dots in the center.... It really
wasn't as hard as it sounds from typing all of this! LOL
Well I hope my MIL likes this one... I'll have more to
 show you... some I did digitally and some are with
my Cricut Machines.... Tomorrow I will have something
to show you that's NOT a card! Shocker! I know! :o)
Thanks for all the comments! Have an AWESOME DAY!!
Theresa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cards! Glad to see projects made with Sophie

Sharon said...

Oh soooooo pretty!!! Love that flower cut and that Chatterbox paper is just beautiful!! Not a card for tomorrow huh?! Can't wait to see!! Have an awesome day! :)

girlia said...

Really cute

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Very pretty! You are a very special DIL! Thank you for sharing!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your MIL will love the cards. You must be very special to her.

Cricut Couple said...

Another beautiful card! Love it! Can't wait to see tomorrows mystery project! I am biting my nails!