Monday, July 11, 2016

HAPPY Holidays...

Hello & Happy Monday Awesome Crafters!
How was your weekend? Mine was really nice...
Hunter & I went to the library, got library cards, took out 
some books & movies, played the Game LIFE.... Trying
to teach him how to cook & bake... Watched some movies
and COLORED!! :) Now... I'm not very good at coloring at ALL...
I've seen sooo many amazing crafters that color like no buddies business.... ME... well.. I just color a little... 
makes me happy when I do... I'm never gonna get that good at it...
and I'm totally okay with it... :) 

Since it is Christmas in July all over blog land...
I thought I would share a Christmas card...
1st one of this year... I actually made 4 different ones
and some other cards... Some with die cuts and others
are Digi images or Stamped images that I colored.... :)

Here's my 1st Christmas Card of 2016!!!




I'm using a Digi Stamp from KaDoodle Bug Designs
This one is called DS Candy Cane Deer and I got it for like 10¢
on the KBD Website... they're on sale... or at least they
were when I typed up this post! :)


I really like the clean simple look of this card - I did "POP" 
up my Digi Reindeer, so he could stand out -

Products I used on my card --

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, Georgia Pacific, Spectrum Noir Ultra
Spectrum Noir Pens
Christmas Washi Tape - $ Store Find
Wonky Stitched Die Mat - Avery Elle
"Happy" Word Die - Stamps of Life (Words & Shadows Die Set)
"Holiday" stamp - Craftin' Desert Diva's (Happy Celebrations)
Wink of Stella White Pen on the Hat & Candy Cane
Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen 
Sequins - My Craft Spot (No Longer in Business)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a Fabulous Day!!

Theresa

22 comments:

Blue6366 said...

Sounds like you guys had a really fun filled day. As for coloring, I'm not that great at it either but I still love to play around. Looking at this wonderful card inspires me to pull my pens out again and give it another try. :)

Marilyn said...

Cute card!! I'm not good on coloring either, but I think you did a good job with your coloring

Stephanie said...

This is so cute. I know I need to get started on my cards but it's so hard when it is sooo hot! I love your deer. Colored very well. I love it.
What a busy weekend. Sounds like fun.

Beckie Williams said...

This is adorable ... whoever said you couldn't color told you a big fib!! You did a wonderful job. Love your 1st Christmas card!! Super cute!!

Vicki D Sweet Love My Creative Area said...

Gorgeous! Love this card Theresa even though I'm not ready to see Christmas goodies already ... lol! Everything on the card works well together :)

Marja said...

The card evokes warm feeling of kindness and happy family. Every detail is full of joy!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the sweet image!! You colored it perfectly!! Love, love this my friend!! I'm looking forward to seeing more Christmas cards from you (although it makes me nervous that I haven't started mine!!). Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen said...

Theresa, I am so happy to see festive happiness on your blog! :o) What a little cutie pie, which is colored so BEAUTIFULLY. The angular design adds extra whimsy, especially in such darling patterns. I especially love those sweet Christmas trees... I think that's my favorite washi tape I've seen! Gorgeous work, my friend! I'm excited to see more holiday joy from you. Have a sparkly day. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Eva Laney said...

Love this Theresa, he is so stinkin cute... Great coloring and love the washi tape.

Migdalia said...

Yes! Christmas please!!! lol Totally cute & fun!! I just put the Wonky Stitched Die Mat - Avery Elle on my wish list.. I love it!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Sukie said...

Total cuteness! I absolutely love this card! Your coloring looks amazing! Totally loving the washi tape background, it pops against the white background!

Sharon said...

What a darling deer!!! I so love your Christmas card Theresa!! And this reindeer is just way to cute!! And WOW!!! $1 Washi Tape!!! :)

CA Scrapper said...

OMG! That is so cute! What a great start to our Christmas cards. Hope you have a great week.

Leslie

Roberta Stevenson said...

This card is super adorable! Love the layout and design. I see you are starting your Christmas cards early this year too!

Roberta

Gerda said...

What a SUPER ADORABLE card!!! I love the pretty washi tape and the cute image you used!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Karla Yungwirth said...

This is adorable!! I've been thinking of making Xmas cards too :) great job!

Kandy Krazee said...

Great card! Super cute! Christmas will be here before you know it, excellent time to get started!
Nancy

Lisa said...

How adorable!! And I think your coloring is awesome! Love it!

Nana said...

Girl you are really getting a head start. I need to. This is one cutie you have here. I love it.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Herbal Pantry ♥

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Sounds like you guys had a very busy, but fun weekend! I remember playing the game Life, that's an oldie but goldie for sure!
Wow - just a few comments back I was impressed that you had started Halloween cards...and now I see that you've started Christmas! You are on the ball my friend! And, I just have to say, I think your coloring skills are pretty awesome. Don't be knocking on yourself like that - he looks great! He's also such a sweet image and I love the pretty Christmas prints!

Marji Franklin said...

This is a great design! I love the washi stripes, great idea.

Kate - Small Bits of Paper said...

Another adorably sweet reindeer - and it's coloured wonderfully well too, despite what you think! That "happy" word die is so fun too. I haven't see that one before. Love the font!