Friday, December 28, 2018

Special Gift for my Sister!

Hello & happy Friday Everyone!
I have a special post just for today!
If you are seeing this, it means I'm at
my sisters' house visiting and she has finally seen the gift I made her! 
I've been soooo excited to share this! 
I hope you like it as much as she does! :)

Most of you know I love to make wood projects -
and I really haven't been on the ball with it as
I should be, but this piece is now my
 FAVORITE Wood Piece Ever! 
In fact, I loved it sooooo much that I made 2 of them!!
One for her and one for me!! EEK!!!


Isn't this the coolest??? I so LOVE it!!!
I got the wood pieces from my local wood Craft store
I painted everything and added the papers I had in
my stash - lots of paint, Mod Podge, Wood glue, Hot glue -
a little drilling here and there - :)

The ladder was Spray-painted in black


The papers I'm using are from American Crafts - they were in my
 Scrap Stash pile - I had a couple of pieces of wooden snowflakes, so
I painted them to match the paper then used some wood glue to
attach it to the wonky shape - I made a bow with my Candy Cane Trendy Twine
then I hot glued a gold bell onto it - it's attached to the ladder with wood glue -
I had some silver Chenille Stems and twirled them with a pencil then
I hot glued a piece of it inside the wood shape (we drilled a tiny hole for it)


This piece was painted green and I inked the edges with black Momento Ink
The sentiment is all vinyl, then I added different sizes of red enamel dots
I grabbed some Red, Green, & White Tulle and tied them up then I hot glued
them to the wood - We drilled some tiny holes in the top so we could attach
some screw hooks for it to dangle on the ladder -


This piece was painted Green & red then I added the paper with Mod Podge
I sanded the edges then inked it in black - I attached the star to the top
and put some Clear Wink of Stella on it, just for some sparkle!
I had some leftover Red Mesh, so I made a little bow
out of it and Hot glued the mesh & Bell to the wood piece -
Then I used some wood glue to attach it to the ladder!


Here's Mr. Grinch himself! LOL 
I painted a portion of this wood piece in Green and the
other portion Red - His Face is Vinyl and I inked the edges in black -
I used an assortment of sizes for the White Enamel dots on his hat -
His trim was painted white then I used some 
DecoArt - Snow-Tex to create the texture on the trim - 
I never used Snow-Tex before, it was interesting to mess with, I really
like the added texture with it - 
As you can see we had to drill a hole in the top of his hat so he
could dangle on the ladder as well - 


Here's another Fun Wood Element piece - I painted this one green 
then added the paper with Mod Podge - It was plain so I went ahead an
grabbed a Sizzix Oval Die and Die cut a piece a green Fun Foam then
Die cut the Green & White Striped Paper, just to add a little something to it -
Of course, I felt it still needed a little something so I grabbed
my, My Creative Time Present Tag Die and die cut out the
gift portion and adhered that on top of the oval shape -
I liked that a lot better and then I added Some Clear Wink of Stella
to the bow portion on the gift - 
I found some Red Chenille Stems and twirled it up
with a pencil then I drilled a small hole and Hot glued
it to the wood ornament - I Hot glued the Red & White
Tulle and the red bell before using some wood glue to attach it
to the lower portion of the ladder - 



Here is the last piece that's dangling on the ladder -
The towns are all vinyl words- as you can tell I painted
everything either Red, Green or White! hahahaha
I mod Podge the striped paper then inked the edges in black
I added a couple of White enamel dots and used more of that
Deco Art - Snow-Tex on this piece... 
It really looks like snow from a distance...
I like the texture it adds to the wood pieces - 

As I said I made 2 of these - it took some time to
make both of them but so worth it - They both look almost
exactly the same - I had to use a different piece of paper 
on one of the wood ornament pieces -
 otherwise, they are pretty close in matching - 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back sometime in a week or two?

I've kind of lost my Mojo for cardmaking, so
we'll see what happens - I've been trying to keep 
up with my blogging Comments, not so much on FB -
Work has been keeping me super Busy!
And right now, I'm trying to enjoy some time
with my Marine Son who is home for the holidays -
He hasn't had a Christmas with us in a couple of years -

I wish you ALL a Fabulous New Year!

Theresa

17 comments:

Marilyn said...

Awesome project!!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Lisa said...

Wow!! It's absolutely spectacular, Theresa!! You did an amazing job with it!! I love all of the details!! It's so fabulous!! Enjoy the time with your sister and family!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beth F. said...

This is totally AWESOME, Theresa! I am sure your sister absolutely loved it. I'm glad you made one for yourself too so you can enjoy it year after year. Enjoy your family time :)

Sukie said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I love the decor piece you created which I know will be cherished by your sister for years to come! Enjoy your time with your family and have a Happy New Year!

Gerda said...

WOW!!! This is awesome!! I love all the details!! Your sister will love it!! I hope that you and your family had a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs Gerda

Evelyn said...

Wow! Do you have a separate craft room for all your wood work? These are amazing. I'm so glad you made matching projects for you and your sister.

And very happy your son is home for the holidays! Give him a kiss and have fun running your hand over his hair! :)

Evelyn

Beckie Williams said...

OK I am in love with it!!

Chriss America Real said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is fantastic! I bet your sister loved it! That sentiment is one of my favorites! Great Project!

Hugs,
Chriss

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love it, Theresa! I have never made anything like this so I am very impressed at your creativity and how beautifully it turned out! Your sister must have been thrilled! Love that sentiment and couldn't agree more! Enjoy your time with your son! Happy 2019 to you!

Treva said...

Wow, nice gift and something that I'm sure your sister will treasure for all times!

Georgiana said...

Cute! I LOVE the Grinch. Of course, Max is my favorite. Happy New Year to you and your family. I am looking forward to 2019 since I am back in crafty mode!!! Let's chat before going back to school and talk about our goals.

CA Scrapper said...

That is so fantastic my friend. I'm sure you sister loved it. Happy New Year!

Leslie

DIANA L. said...

This is great what a fun project Happy New Year.

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my goodness Teresa this is AWESOME!!!! great job - I can imagine that she LOVED it!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Oh My!! Soooooooooooooooooo adorable! I love it!! Beautiful work!!

Lisa said...

THIS is so cool! I LOVE it! I've always loved Dr. Seuss... awesome project!

Greta said...

Amazing project! So creative!