Tuesday, November 30, 2010

History Project with the Cricut!!!

Hello and Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Can you believe it... it's the LAST DAY
of NOVEMBER!!! WOW in Just
one month we will be in a NEW YEAR!
Boy this year flew by.... Today I have something
to show you that I made with my son for school.
My Middle Son Juston who is in the 10th grade...
Had a History project that needed to get done...
And of course it was due today... So we did it
ALL last night.... It really wasn't that hard since I had
all the things we needed.... Sooo here is the project we
worked on together....

(Click on the Photo to Enlarge)

Well.... Here is one of my Handsome boys! :o)
This project was made for his History class...
They had to make a Shield of Arms....
His small group picked a SILLY NAME!
They are called the FATCAKES! LOL
I laugh every time I say it... My son did not
like this name but the group chose it and so he was
stuck with it... weather he liked it or not!
They also had to be cautions of the colors they used...
As to not take away from another groups Shield Colors...

(Click on the Photo to Enlarge)

Sooo... here is the close up...
I used 3 Cartridges...
Martha Stewart All Occasion for the 2 purple Cupcakes....
Sweet Treats for all the other Cupcakes...
All the Cupcakes were cut at 3" and I used gems, stickles, Ink,
Swirl Devine Embossing Folder and
 of course Dimensionals... to make them POP! :o)
The shield and the letters are from the
Blackletter Cartridge.... Which I didn't have this
Cartridge until I bought the Gypsy during Octobers Special....
The shield itself was cut at 22 1/2" x 11"
and the Letters were cut @ 2 1/2"
Now... I will say this.... I'm still NOT a fan
of the Gypsy!! I know.... I know.... some of you
are saying WHAT???? Look it's a lovely gadget and
it certainly comes in handy for things... BUT
I AM A DESIGN STUDIO GIRL! LOL
I LOVE my Design Studio and CAN NOT
LIVE without it! hahaha
I CAN LIVE WITHOUT the GYPSY! BUT
I am a sucker for a DEAL! LOL
So I will continue to use it... I Mean I have
2 Expressions.... So I'm gonna use my DS and
my Gypsy for my machines... and by the way....
I DID use Both my machines to make this Shield....
I used my Reg. E for the 12 x 24 cuts
and used my PRETTY PLUM E
for all the smaller cuts! :o)
Anyway..... that's it for me for today!
I'll be back tomorrow with this weeks
Cricut Cardz Challenge! I think you're
gonna LIKE IT! :o)
HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!!
Theresa

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a handsome young man you have there! Love the shield! Fatcakes! How funny!!! And look at your craft room!! WOW!! :)

BeadUSenseless said...

Wow!!! Look at the setup in the background!!! What a deal! Your son's not bad either!! Sounds like he's a great sport!!!