Monday, May 9, 2016

Shimmer & Glitter Mother's Day -

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope you all had a Fabulous Weekend!
Did you enjoy your Mother's Day? I certainly did...
It was wonderful getting a call from my older boys and
spending some quality time with my youngest! My mom
lives with us, so she is always here to celebrate with us! :)

Speaking of Mom - I thought I would share the card
I made her for Mother's Day - She reads my blog so
I make sure not to post anything for her until after
she has received it - :)

Here's the card I made her --

My Mother likes the Color Purple - I'm more of a Blue Gal, but when
I'm thinking of her - I think Shades of purple! :)
I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire the other night with
Double Sided Adhesive, Glitter, & Copic Markers
and thought I would give it a go ---

Now, I don't have any Copic Markers (to rich for my blood) but
thought I would try with my Spectrum Noir Markers -
Well, when that didn't work for me - I tried using my
Tim Holtz Distress inks - and that worked!
So, here's how I created this card -

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, American Crafts
Designer Paper - Kaiser Craft (Violet Crush) Recollections (Color Splash)
"Happy" Die & Sentiment - My Craft Spot (No Longer in Business)
Butterfly Die - Gina Marie (Whimsical Butterfly)
Circle Frame Collage Cut - Silhouette Store (# 61897)
White Glitter - Stampin' Up
Tim Holtz Distress inks - Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, 
Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves

I cut only the circles out on a piece of white cardstock - using the
"no cut" for the outside circle design - then I went back with a piece 
of my purple designer paper to cut out the outside layer -
I then cut a piece of 2 3/4" x 4" white cardstock
added double sided adhesive to it - then poured
white glitter over it - burnished the glitter into the adhesive
so it would stick - then pulled out my blending tool &
the Distress inks - and started to blend my colors together
on the glitter - which changed it from white glitter to the pretty 
colors I used! I attached the 2 3/4" x 4 glitter to the backside
of the cut out circles - so they could "peek" through -
Added the Happy Die - then the sentiment - Cut out
the lovely butterflies and added dimensionals to "POP" them
up on the card - 

I really like the "CAS" look of this one
with all the shimmer & glitter it has - and so did my Mom
Which is the most important part of my card! :)


I'm Entering the Following Challenges:

DL Art Thankful Thursday Challenge - Mother's Day
DL Art May Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Silhouette Challenges - Anything Goes
Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Saturday



post signature

22 comments:

handcrafthobby said...

Soft and beautiful card you created... I Love it Theresa!
Happy Mother's Day my friend

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love how your glitter turned out. Bet your mom loved it. Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day.

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Theresa!! The colors are shimmer are so fabulous!! I love the pretty butterflies!! I know your mom will treasure this!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card and design! I absolutely love al of the sparkle and shine on your card. Those butterflies are so pretty! Super cool technique you used for the glitter! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, I'm sure your mom loved her card!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card!!

Nana said...

Beautiful card. Love the glitter and shine. The butterfly are stunning and make such a impact on the card. I know your mom will love it.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

Migdalia said...

Love the pretty butterflies!! A beautiful card my friend!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Roberta Stevenson said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous butterflies too!

Sherrie K. said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! I love your beautiful card! The iridescent colors are so fun and I just love the butterflies~Super cute my friend!
Hugs,
Sherrie K

DIANA L. said...

Theresa your card is beautiful I love the shimmer and the paper you used for the butterflies is so pretty. Glad to hear you had a wonderful mothers day. I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #179-“Mother’s Day” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Kate said...

Beautiful! I love the look of the shimmery purple! So glad you found a way to make it work with your Spectrums too!

Janis Lewis said...

Well now, this is shimmering goodness. Pretty! Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party.
Owner / DT Janis

Sharon said...

Oh WOW!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Theresa!!! I so love the butterflies and how you did the shimmer and sparkle with the glitter and inks! WOW!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!! :)

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card! Love all the pretty purple and glitter! Those shimmery butterflies are gorgeous too! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Thankful Thursdays!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card, Theresa!!!! Love the gorgeous butterflies!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Karen said...

This is so beautiful, Theresa! I'm not surprised your mom loves it... it is truly magical. You clearly were inspired by the video, as this card is stunning. I love the design, the abundance of colorful sparkle, and of course the shiny butterflies. :o) This is incredibly gorgeous, my dear friend! And I'm so happy you had a wonderful Mother's Day. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a lovely card! I"m sure your Mom love this beautiful, sparkly, purple card! That glitter looks amazing!

Amanda said...

What a wonderful mothers day card.Thanks for joining us over at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday Challenges.

Amanda DT

Karon said...

This is so pretty. Love the shimmer! TFS

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Your butterflies are stunning!! I'm glad I don't have to worry about my mom reading my blog; I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know what one is. : ) Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Karla Yungwirth said...

You did such a wonderful job creating your mom's card! I love the techniques you used!

Sue from Oregon said...

A lovely shimmery card-I am sure your Mother loved it!
Thanks so much for sharing with us in our May Shilouette Challenge Showcase.

♥ Sue Kment