Friday, October 11, 2019

Live like a Butterfly....

Hello & Happy Friday Crafty Friends!!
Another week has gone by and I'm excited for the weekend!!!
Still very busy running around and hope one of
these days things will lighten up!

I've had this card sitting on my desk for
a long while - It's a FOILED CARD!!
You guys know I LOVE to FOIL!!!
But I just never put it together, so I
finally sat down and put everything together and
I gotta say... I LOVE the way it turned out!!

I'm using Digital Images from Polka Dot Orchard


So I used my Laser printer and printed out the sentiment & Butterflies
on a piece of vellum -
Then I grabbed some Pink/Gold Foil and placed it through
my laminator and everything came out beautifully -

I hand cut the butterflies, cuz I wanted 1 for the inside of my card


Then I Laser printed this fabulous design on a piece of 
Neenah Solar White cardstock and grabbed a piece of 
Pink Fushia Foil and put it through my laminator as well

I made sure to leave enough space on my vellum to over hang on
my white cardstock piece and attached the two together
so no adhesive would show through - Then I cut a piece of
Gold Foiled Cardstock out and attached them all together
and added some Fun Foam to the back for Dimension
and adhered it all to a White Card base -


The Butterflies were attached with Multi-Matte Medium glue and
I just added glue where the foiled design is so it wouldn't show through -
I added a piece of Gold foil strip to the inside to complete
my card - I also added a couple of Lucy's Cards Gems -

This looks so elegant up close and in person!!!





**** And just so you know... I took the image (Above)
and enlarged it so I could just get the butterfly
images... then I erased what I didn't want
and sized my butterflies accordingly -

That's one of the benefits of digital stamps
they can be sized up or down and you
can remove sections you don't want - 
Most regular stamps you can't do that with -
so it's a nice way to get even more creative with what
you have!!! ****


Have a Magical Weekend!!

Theresa

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the butterflies and the quote!!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so lovely and elegant! I love the inside and the quote is perfect .

Hugs,
Chriss

Sukie said...

So pretty! I love the vellum with the gold foiling! The entire design is so gorgeous!

MiamiKel said...

Look at this beauty!! Wow! I love your work with the lazer printed and this is sensational on vellum! It always scares me, lol - but then again Ive only stamped on it (and the ink slid right off - had to watch tutorials, LOL) This is so lovely and beautifully designed. And please let me know if you learn the secret to slowing down!

Treva said...

Pretty, more great inspiration; thanks for sharing!

Beckie Williams said...

Your butterfly is simply beautiful!!

Beth F. said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I love that foiled background.

Greta said...

Love the vellum overlay--so elegant!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the background!! Have a great day,
Gerda

Migdalia said...

WOW! Gorgeous card my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

I just love that beautiful bright Foil and the addition of the vellum is wonderful!!