Thursday, August 19, 2010

Falling Leaves....

Hello and Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope your week is going smoothly! Mine is going GRAND! Kids are in School and I have time to create in between them coming home for lunch.... :o) Yes.... My kids come home for lunch everyday soooo I do sit and eat with them and find out how their day is going.... The first day was great for all 3 boys.... New rules and such have been discussed at school.... So we shall see how the rest of the week plays out! LOL  
Anyway.... here is another Fall card for ya.... :o)


 (Click on Photo to Enlarge)

This is a 4 3/4 Square Card...
All the layers are 1/4" smaller.....
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Designer Paper - Autumn Abundance (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie,
Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Cartridges - George & Basic Shapes (Circles)
Cut @ 3 1/4", 3 1/2"
Straight from the nest (Leaves) Cut @ 6 3/4" Reg. Feature (2x's), 5 3/4" Layer Feature (2x's)
I used my Design Studio to cut out the leaves on the Layer Feature because I only wanted the orange shaped leaf cut out and hate to waste paper... :o)
Twine - Jute Button Twine (Papertrey Ink)
Sentiment - Falling Leaves Stamp Set (Stampin' Up)


(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Here is a side view of the first layered leaves....
I used EK Success 1/8" thick Dots to make this leaf stand out over the other leaf.....


(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Here is another side view.... Showing the other leaves.... I used Dimensionals on these leaves to give them some pop, but not to much.... :o)
Anyway, I hope you like it.... It looks very "fall like" to me ! :o)
Thanks for taking a peek, let me know what ya think!
Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your week.... Miislucky should be here tomorrow with something to show ya... :o)

Theresa

3 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just great! The colors are perfect. Love the sentiment stamp. So perfect for your card. I think it's wonderful that your boys get to come home for lunch. How exciting! :)

Jeri said...

My husband and I are camping up in northern Michigan and took a drive today. We saw some of the leaves on the trees starting to turn color. Hard to believe it could be that time already. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CCC.

miislucky said...

Wow, I didn't know they (the kids) started this week. Our kids started on the 9th. I know how you like to have them home at lunch.our card is really nice. I love the paper. The leaves came out perfectly!