Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Ever Home Decor Project!

Hello and Happy Tuesday Everyone! YES you read that right! It is my very first home decor project EVER!!!  There is noooo kit or any ones help...this is ALLLLL me! Scary - I Know right! Well I've been dying to make a home decor project for awhile now and I bought everything I needed to make this and a few more...WHAT? A few more??? I must be insane... I'm a card maker! LOL It took me awhile to make this and I hope you all like it! I certainly do and I'm gonna hang it up somewhere in my house... I just don't know where yet! I will let you know that they're several pictures... I told you yesterday I'm trying to improve on my photo taking skills for this blog and well.... Let's just say taking a picture of wall decor is harder than taking a picture of my cards! :o) Here you go! :o)


IMAGES HAVE BEEN REMOVED
FOR PUBLICATION!!!!!

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Well..... Were to begin??? Ok All the Card stock is Stampin' Up
All the Designer Paper is American Craft
Chipboard is 6 x 6 by 7 Gypsies
I cut the CS @ 6x6 then glued it to the
Chipboard/ Sanded it down (edges)
AC Paper is cut @ 1/4" less then CS


(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

The Handle is 7 Gypsies (Book Handle) Antique Brass
All the Ribbon is Assorted from Stampin' Up


(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

I used the Lyrical Letters Cartridge for the letters...
They were cut @ 4" using the (Jumbo) key
I cut them out twice, inked them and added
dimensionals to pop them up...
I used the Martha Stewart Holiday Cakes Cartridge
for the Pumpkin trio...
It was cut @ 2 1/4" and I used the Reg. feature
& the Reg. Shift Key (2x's eh.)


(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Here is a side view of the first one....
You can see the dimensionals....

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

On this one I used the DoodleCharms Cartridge for the apples....
I used the Border Feature and the Border Shift Key (2x's eh.) @ 2 1/4"
Inked everything and used dimensionals for popping it up! :o)

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Of course here is the side view.... :o)
I also used my WeRMemory Big Bite to punch holes...
I also added copper eyelets that the ribbon is going through....

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

On this one I used the Martha Stewart Holiday Cakes Cartridge for the leaves....
I cut it @ 2 1/4" using the Plain Base feature,
Reg. feature, Reg. feature shift key....
Everything was cut out 2x's each and inked up...

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Check out that side view! LOL
I know you can see it! :o)

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

This was cut out exactly the same as the one above it...... :o)

(Click on Photo to Enlarge)

Well.... there you go! My very first Home Decor Project! I hope you all liked it.... I'm glad I have my design studio....because I was able to figure out everything by size, then decide my paper and colors... Soooo once I had a plan it kind of came together..... I mean it was still time consuming with all the inking and layering and such....but it was a fun project that I really enjoyed doing.... I've already got an idea swirling in my head for Christmas!!!! GEEZ!!! :o)
Anyway.... Thanks for taking a peek, let me know what ya think!

Theresa

3 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job!!! I loooove it! I've never made a home decor project. The cuts and colors are wonderful. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I didn't think you ever made a home decor project. It came out very nice!!! I love the colors and the cuts! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete