Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thanks a Million!!!

Hello and Happy Saturday Everyone!
I bet you're all surprised to see me here!
Well.... Me tooooo! I'm actually having a
really productive weekend! I've made (2)
2 page layouts (traditional way) and (2)
2 page Layouts Digitally! I made a nice
Home decor project and, and... I got a card
done for 2 Challenges! :o) That's what I'm
posting today! The Challenge over at
http://jitterbugginchallenge.blogspot.com/
is to make a Card with a PIG on it! Yes
you heard that right! Apparently March 1st
was National Pig Day! Who Knew? Not me!
Anyway... Since it was National Pig Day they
decided to do a Challenge with a Pig on it AND
use at least 2 different pattern papers AND add
some buttons! And the Challenge over at
http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge19-double-take.html
Is to make a project with (2) pieces of Card stock
(2) Designer papers
(2) Embellishments
This is just the bare minimum, you can use more
of those things as well and make a cricut cut of course! :o)
Which I believe I have covered!
Well Let's see what I came up with....

PHOTO REMOVED FOR PUBLISHING!!!
Card stock, Ink, Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Designer Paper - AMM
Cartridges - Playtime Lite (Piggy Bank)
Cut @ 3" (2x's)
Cuttin' Up (Money)
Cut @ 1" (3x's)

Photo Removed

 
I used Peachy Keen Stamps for the face
of the money.  Stamp is from the Critter
Faces Set (Small) PK-753
The Buttons are from Papertrey Ink

Photo Removed
I used Dimensionals to pop up the Piggy Banks
Ears, Snout, Body

Photo Removed
I also wanted to show you how I brought the
cuts to the inside with the Saying....
The Sentiment on the outside (Thanks a Million) and the saying
on the inside (They broke the bank when they made you)
 was done with my Word Program....

Photo Removed

 
Just a close up of the stamped faces on the money....
I thought it came out cute!

Well That's my card for the Challenges over at
http://jitterbugginchallenge.blogspot.com/ and
http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge19-double-take.html
Soooo, I hope you all join the fun too! I believe
they end on Tuesday, March 9th. Can't wait to see what
you create! Thanks for stopping by... Enjoy the
rest of your Weekend! :o)
Theresa

15 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

So cute! I love it!!!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

miislucky said...

Now that's cute! Love the bank idea!

Georgiana said...

I can't believe I missed National Pig Day too! : )

Great card,
Georgiana

Anonymous said...

Missing National Pig Day, that's enough to ruin a weekend! Your card is so cute. I love the bank idea. And pig money, inspired. You should win a prize.

girlia said...

this is such a cute card. It really brings a smile to your face.

Jean said...

Very cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

I am so upset that I missed National Pig Day this year...meant to mark it on my calendar...
I love your "piggy" money...too cute! And, as always, love the dimension you get on your cards...that little piggy just pops right up!
Tanya

Sharon said...

Oh gosh! This is just awesome Theresa!!! Love the piggy face on the money!! And love how you finished the inside! Awesome card!!!!! :)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Oh no...can't believe I, too, missed National Pig Day...of course I had no idea that there was a NPD ;o) !!!
Your piggy card is just adorable Theresa..love all the details!!! TFS
Hugs,
~Terry~

Madison said...

I never knew there was a National Pig Day!! Cute card. Very clever!! TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

This card is so cute!! Love the piggy money. What a cute idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut this week.
~Nicole CWC DT

Anita said...

Love this card!! Great Job!! Thanks for hanging out with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge! Anita

Jen said...

Cute card, Theresa! The piggy money is just too cute! Thanks for doing a "double take" this week with us at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Super cute card ! You are very talent!
Thanks for playing this week at CWC
Have a great Monday ;-)
Maria Elena.- CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Sherri said...

Love how you used the money to create a piggy bank......how adorable~~

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!