Monday, March 18, 2019

Fabulous Hippo...

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!
Is it a Happy Monday? I might beg to differ
on this one... I have to return to work today...
So, I'm gonna say NOPE! It's not a Happy Monday! 😏

But I'm sure you guys think it's an AWESOME Monday...
So, I'm gonna go with that! 😀

I had a great week off from work, it went toooo FAST!
But I think we ALL say that! 😉

We went to check out some property to see if that's
where our "forever home" maybe one day soon and
went to visit some old friends and Family too! 
It was a very nice laid back kind of week -
Those are my favorite kinds of weeks!

I have another THEME kind of week for ya -
This week I decided to focus on 
"BORDER STAMPS"!

Today's Project was created using the
Fiskars Mini Geo Borders Stamp set



I was going for an Ombre background 
so I used 3 different shades of Pink Ink and 
the arrow border stamp that's in the Fiskars set - 
I placed it in my Stamparatus and just moved my cardstock
up as I changed the pink shades from light to dark -

Once I did that I had to find an image to match my background -
Luckily for me... I have a ton of images I've colored over the last couple of years
sitting in a large baggie waiting to be used -
The Sweet Hippo image is from CTMH (Safari Ballet)
and I used my Zig Watercolor pens to color her up

I used a cross-stitched heart die in grey cardstock
to place behind my hippo
I also used my favorite stitched rectangle die from MCT
The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink called (Signature Greetings)
I added some clear lucy's cards gems and placed my card front
on a Mambo Pink card base

I think it turned out so sweet - 😊


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!

Theresa

9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

OH we are sisters from different mommies , LOL! Theresa, I love your card! So super cute! And I have baggies and ziplocs of images from the daily marker! I keep saying one day they will be a card :)
LOVE your hippo! Too cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

SO CUTE! LOVING that hippo!!!!

Beckie Williams said...

Your card is just amazing!! I love the ombre effect it looks wonderful!!!

Lisa said...

Adorbs!! That tutu-wearing hippo is so sweet!! I love the background!! Gorgeous, my friend!! I'm glad you had a wonderful week!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Evelyn said...

I love chubby hippo ballerina images!! This card is really cute, and I'm looking forward to seeing your other border stamp projects!

So glad you had a restful week off, and sounds exciting, too! Good luck on your property search.

Evelyn

Gerda said...

What a super ADORABLE card!! Love the background and the sweet little hippo!! Love this card!!! I'am also glad to hear that you had a great Spring vacation!!! Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda

~ Kendra ~ said...

Too adorable!! Love the image! My daughter is a dancer, so she'd love this!!

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

Gorgeous card! That sounds like some exciting things to do over your break! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Lisa said...

Adorable! Love that hippo and awesome ombre background!