Monday, March 4, 2019

Let's Party!

Hello & Happy March Everyone!
Spring is just around the corner!
Well... maybe not for everyone but where I
live the weather has been warming up!
In fact, next week is our Spring Vacation...

I still find it funny that our Spring Vacation is
technically still during Winter... But because of
our warm weather being out west, I guess it
makes sense, also with school ending in May.
They gotta fit it in there somewhere! LOL

So... This weeks theme is gonna be SHAKERS!

It's been a while since I made one or two of them
and my Sweet Dear friend Beth had a birthday recently
which got me on the idea of making shakers for the week!


This is the Birthday Shaker card I made for my Crafty friend Beth over
at Beth's Beauties blog - I was actually late... Usually, I'm on top of
things but sometimes I slip up! OOPS! :)

She did get the card and that's why I thought now would be
a great time to share it!

I used an assortment of Distress Oxides and blended
them together on a piece of white cardstock 
then I added some Gold Shimmer Sparkle spray to it
and then let it dry -

While it was drying I started to look through my
Birthday dies and thought I should use one I
have never used before and there it was from
Papertrey Ink called Text Block-Party Time

I bought it forever ago when they had a sale
thinking I would use it... NOPE! Not until recently!
This is why I'm not buying anymore crafting things
for a while... Too much nice stuff not getting used!

So I die cut it out and thought "SHAKER" is the way
to go! LOL, So I added an assortment of Sequins
and some fun foam and created it - I then die cut out a
Rectangle Postage Frame die from My Creative Time 
in Black cardstock - It totally made the shaker POP!

Since I already had Gold Shimmer on the shaker
I thought it would be best to add the Gold to the Black
cardstock too... then I added it to the White Cardbase
so everything would flow nicely -


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!


Theresa

16 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very pretty shaker card!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Beth F. said...

I love shakers and especially love this card! It is gracing my dining room table right now 😊 Thank you so much for sending it my way.

Beckie Williams said...

This is just beautiful! I love the panel you inked!

~ Kendra ~ said...

I love shaker cards, as you know!! Yours is so beautiful! Love the colors you used!! That die is so cool!!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the let's party die you used!! The colors are gorgeous!! Fabulous shaker, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Very pretty shaker! The inking looks so amazing! And yay for spring break, enjoy your time off!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous shaker! I have that die on my wishlist, but I'm also avoiding more purchases as I have tons of stuff not yet used or used only once.

Evelyn said...

Wow! I love the die over the acetate - lots of little openings to see the sequins through, and of course the colors are amazing!

:)

Evelyn

Pam D. said...

Love your shaker card, the colors are amazing and the black does make everything pop! The touches of gold are perfect!

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous colors and fun design! I love the die you used to..so cool! I am sure Beth loved it!!
Have a great day my friend~
Sherrie K

Migdalia said...

I love shaker cards! It my favorite project to make!! It is beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Karen said...

Sweet friend, this is incredible! I love shaker cards so much and yours is spectacular! The die choice is truly inspired. Every facet of this is simply amazing and I couldn't adore it more. Stunning work, Theresa. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Gerda said...

What a beautiful shaker card!! Love the pretty color combo you used!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Lisa said...

Fabulous and gorgeous!! That is the perfect die for a shaker! Love!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Now that's a party on a card! Loving the fabulous colors and how they pop on the black. This is an awesome shaker my friend! ♥

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

This is an adorable shaker!! Love the delicate balloon cut! Shakers always intimidate me- this looks amazing!