Friday, November 17, 2017

Stars & Snowflakes...

Hello & Happy Friday Everyone!
YAY, it's the weekend and I get to start
putting up my Christmas stuff! My hubby
thinks I'm nuts (as he always does) but it
doesn't bother me to get a Jump Start on things!

I reminded him that I spent the entire year making 
Christmas cards and now look -- They are ALL
done and ready to be mailed off - Whose Crazy Now???
Hahahaha - Okay maybe I still am a little bit but 
in a GOOD kind of way! Am I right?

As you guys know I went to a Holiday card making class
back in early October - and I'm sharing the cards
the Hostess made for everyone to make and then
my version of it, since I like to change things up -

Here's another card --



This is a side flip open card and it's lovely
in white, silver, & blue - even the embossing is pretty

But I didn't like the cardstock - We all have our 
favorites - am I right? So, after looking at this
card, I decided to go a different direction with mine --




YUP! No Side fold for me!! I went a totally different route on this card -
You can see I used some of the elements of the card kit on my card

I started by choosing a light blue card base top fold design -
Then instead of using the silver glitter strip, I went with
White & Silver snowflake washi tape
I kept the scallop border because I really liked it - and then
I die cut a Stitched circle out of white cardstock and layered
the DP circle on top of that - I also used a different
Embossing folder on my card --

 I wanted to add a little more silver so 
I used a Word die and cut that
out in some Silver Cardstock (3x's) and then layered them
on top of each other, to make it stand out - then just added a
couple of clear adhesive gems to complete my card -
The inside of my card has another scallop border along
with a sentiment to tie the whole card together -

I really like how my card turned out - it's really pretty in person!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS Weekend!!

Theresa

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty card!! I do like the style of your card better than the first one!!

Lisa said...

The inspiration card is pretty but your card is gorgeous!! I love your take on it!! The embossing and scalloped border are beautiful!! The sparkly snowflake is fabulous!! Love it, my friend!! I did get my tree up last night, but that's it so far!! I hope to get more decorations done this weekend...never too early for Christmas to start, if you ask me ;) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you used the card for inspiration but totally made it your own! The papers you used are so gorgeous!

Tina H said...

Love the colors!! So beautiful my friend! ❤️

Anonymous said...

The colors are gorgeous, and I agree - the scallop is really pretty. I like the snowflakes at the top! Yup, a winner! :)

Evelyn

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Hi there friend! Long time, no see! It's been one of those crazy months where I don't seem to ever get caught up. I've got a little time on my hands at the moment and can't wait to take a look around and see what you've been up to!

This card is super pretty! I love the soft colors with touches of silver. Very elegant.

Have fun decorating for Christmas. I started pulling a few things out this afternoon. Hope to have it all up right after Thanksgiving so we can enjoy it for a while!

Beth F. said...

I love that you take those cards and make them your own! We crafters all develop our own style and it is really hard to fully recreate someone else's creation because it isn't OURS. Your card is really beautiful. I love the soft colors you used on it, and of course, the sparkle!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card, Theresa!! I love the colors you used!! Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda

Nana said...

You can never put the tree up too early. Your take on the card is beautiful. Love the colors, scalloped border, and sentiment. Well done my friend.
Hugs Nana

Migdalia said...

A very pretty card my friend!! Love the embossed background.Love all of your holiday cards. I am done with the Winter cleaning and my Christmas cards list.
Now for the tree and a little decor!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Kate said...

Wow! The cards are gorgeous!! I love the way you turned yours and have the border at the top. It looks fantastic!

Thanks for another idea too!

Lisa said...

This is sooo beautiful! Love the colors and love the silver with it too! Awesome re-do!