Monday, November 6, 2017

Candle's & Poinsettia

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was just Okay...
I did some cleaning, furniture moving (again), took down
my Halloween stuff left the Fall/Thanksgiving stuff up -
I even contemplated pulling out my Christmas stuff!
My son was ready to go if that's what I wanted - But
I said nooo... I'll wait a little longer! hahaha

I packed a big box of goodies to send to my Marine
for Thanksgiving, and got it in the mail today!
I already had my Thanksgiving cards done -
So I stamped them and they'll be off this week as well -

Christmas cards are done too - No Surprise (Right?) LOL
and they'll get stamps on them soon & in the mail by the 1st!
Geesh! I'm exhausted just typing this list out!
When did I rest? ummm, I guess I didn't! LOL

Maybe next weekend! I did hit up the stores and started 
my holiday shopping too! I picked up some home decor
items and got some goodies for stocking stuffers -
along with Halloween/Fall candy that was 70% off -

I'm planning on making fall treat bags for the kids at school
and I got some small Christmas treat bags made for my
Last Local Card Swap class of the year! We'll meet
up again in January! :)

Well... after ALL that I guess I'll share a holiday card with you!!

Okay.. so you all know I went to that Holiday card kit class
a couple of weeks ago, so here is HER CARD --



It's a lovely card really, but I didn't like
the background (too many dots for my taste) 
and the label/sentiment section bothered me
so I felt it needed just a tad more POP!


So, here is my version --



First off - I used a Hunter Green Card base, hers was a lighter shade
of green & not of a good quality card base -
then I changed the embossing folder to one that had some dots....
not anything too overwhelming - Then, I changed the candle order and 
trimmed mine down just a tad - and I decided to use my
Gina Marie Designs (Pine Needle Die) and my (Poinsettia Die Set #1)
and honestly, I think it has way more character now!
I didn't add a sentiment to this one because I didn't feel it needed it -
The image speaks for itself really.... AND I popped up the Glitter Flames -

 What do you guys think???

I'll announce last weeks Surprise Gift Winner
on Wednesday and I'll have another Giveaway for ya!
It's like an Early Christmas for you guys!
I LOVE it!!!

Make sure to leave a comment on
to qualify for the Die set I'm giving away
I'll close the comments at 10pm MT time
on Tuesday, Nov. 7th so I can 
get my winner posted on time --

Have a Fabulous Day!!!

Theresa

16 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your card is gorgeous!! Love the poinsettia and pine needles!

Nana said...

WOW you had one busy weekend. Way ahead of me for the holidays. What a beautiful card. Love how you used pattern papers fror the candles, the glittery flames and pine needles. Beautiful.

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card! Those candles are so gorgeous with the pretty papers! The sparkly flames are a fun addition too!

Lisa said...

I'm exhausted just reading all you did this weekend, you busy bee!! And I'm so jealous your holiday cards are done!! Your card is so beautiful!! I love the sparkly flames!! The poinsettia and pine sprigs are fabulous!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Your candles really do pop much more than the original card's. I thought your candles were bigger - they certainly appear so - but you trimmed them. Hmm. Trick of the eye, I suppose! And I like your embossing better, too. The vertical lines enhance the candles' shapes. Lovely as usual! :)

Evelyn

Beckie Williams said...

Your card is just beautiful. I can not read your post LOL ... but the card is just awesome!!

Gerda said...

Hi Theresa!!! You had a busy weekend!!! This card is simply beautiful!!! Love the pretty embossing and the gorgeous poinsettia!!! Love it!! Have a great day my friend.
Gerda

Beth F. said...

This is really such a beautiful card! Those pine boughs beneath the candles really add so much. Love it!

Beth F. said...

P.S. I am applauding you for being SO far ahead on your cards! I don't usually send cards out for Thanksgiving and I have some cards for Christmas done, but not a lot. I picked up some Christmas papers (not that I needed MORE, I just wanted some fresh inspiration!) on Monday and started on them last night before I went to bed.

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so gorgeous! Have a great week my friend. Thanks again for the embossing folder, it is so beautiful. The next two weeks will be much calmer for me, my boss is away!!

Leslie

Migdalia said...

I love your candle card!! Beautiful!! I am missing a little low on my holiday cards so I am back making so more with some new crafty goodies as well.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your Candle Card is so Stunning & Gorgeous!! You put alot of work into it....but OMG your card is Magnificent! You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

SHartl said...

Wow! So impressed that your Christmas cards are already done...are you kidding me?! I love this beautiful glittery candle design and know that it will give joy to whoever receives it!

Lisa said...

Wow! Yours is soooo much better! Love how you changed it up! Looking at yours I can't see it any other way!

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love your variation on the card! You definitely have an eye for those little details that make all the difference.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

So, so pretty! Love the classic Christmas colors and the beautiful, sparkly glitter. This is the perfect Christmas card!