Thursday, September 13, 2018

Silver & Gold...

Hello & Happy Thursday Everyone!
Today's my day to take over the blog at:


 I thought I would share a lovely Christmas card -






As most of you know... next to Fall, Christmas is my other FAVORITE
time of the year - I love how they both just flow into each other -
Makes me Very HAPPY!!! So today I thought I would try to
inspire you to get started making those holiday cards!

Look... mine are all done for this year - YES I'm a nut case...
BUT, when you think about ALL the other things you're trying to do
during the holidays, wouldn't it be nice to have your handmade
cards off that list? Early? even better! Just sayin' (Wink Wink)

This card was fairly easy to make - I started off with a 
piece of White Cardstock (Neenah Solar White)
and I stamped my Ornament image front and center with
Brilliance Starlite Silver ink, then poured some
Ultra Fine Silver Embossing on top of it, then heat set it

I then took a pair of my Tim Holtz scissors and cut the center
out of my ornament - Since I had plans on turning this into
a shaker I wanted my sentiment on my card front
before I did anything else - So I did the same process
as the ornament - once that was done -
I grabbed a Wonky Stitch die and die cut my white
card front for that finished look - 

Now I can complete my shaker - I found some pretty Christmas
paper in my stash that had silver & gold to it (Perfect)
and I grabbed a piece of Acetate and now I'm ready to
get the shaker part together - I adhered the acetate to the backside
of the white card front - then added Stampin' Up Dimensional
Stripes around the circle - Added an assortment of Silver
& Gold Sequins then added the Designer paper to seal it off

Flipped it over and started to shake, shake, shake! (Always so fun)

I then added some Fun Foam to the backside of my shaker
for an even look and dimension - Then I folded a White card base
in half (A2 Size) - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Top Folding
Then I found a lovely piece of foil silver on white designer Paper
and thought that would look nice behind my shaker
so I cut it down to fit the front of my White Card base
and attached it with some adhesive 

Then I grabbed the shaker that was on the fun foam
and attached it to my silver/white card base

Of course, it needed some final touches, so I adhered
some of the silver & gold sequins to the front of my card
and then made a double bow using some
Silver & Gold Elastic Cording I had -

And now another Holiday card ready to go in the mail!!!



Products used from

Victorine Originals




Raisin Boat




If you're interested in any of the
Products from SumMore Fun Stamps
I have a Discount Code you can use
It'll get you 10% off your order!!


New to SumMore Fun Stamps??
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
SumMore Fun Blog
SumMore Fun Facebook Page


You can find me at these links 
Facebook - Pinterest




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!



13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous shaker card!! Love the silver and gold!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Theresa!! I love the design and the shaker!! It's so elegant and beautiful!! And so jealous you're done with your cards!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the shaker design! The silver and gold is so elegant and pretty!

Jessica said...

Wow, Wow, Wow... This is really stunning. The gold and silver are so pretty together.

Have a wonderful day,
Jessica
Polka Dot Orchard

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so pretty my friend ! It will be a lucky person that receives this card !

I just joined the Raisin Boat stamp rental club. My husband thought it was a very good idea since I have such a small craft room and so many stamps !

Hugs,

Chriss

Evelyn said...

My goodness! You sure made the most of that simple stamp, didn't you? I'd love to live inside your head. Or, maybe just next door to you so some of your creativity would rub off on me.

I tried heat embossing the other day and it was an epic fail. I think I need some fresh Versamark. Can you heat emboss with any ink? I may be off to google that. Going to A.C. Moore this morning!

Evelyn

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

So, so pretty! I love the gold and silver mix, the sparkle is wonderful. And, I love that it's a shaker! ♥

Tracy said...

Such a lovely card.
I have to say you sure have a steady hand to have cut that circle out by hand!!!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

what a fun card - I love the shaker and the silver and gold - I was following your lead with the Christmas Cards and sadly fell off when the warmer weather hit - hopefully I will pick them up again soon. thanks for always inspiring us !

Gerda said...

WOW, Theresa!! This shaker card is AWESOME!! Love the colors combo and the pretty papersyou used!! LOVE, love this card!! Have a great day,
Gerda

Greta said...

Beautifully festive card--love it!

Lisa said...

Wow! Beautiful! Love how you created a shaker with that ornament stamp...maybe next year I'll try to do what you do and do a Christmas card every week... but probably not...lol!! It is a great idea though...

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

Oh I love that Christmas bulb stamp, and the way you created a beautiful shaker! You are definitely my hero when it comes to Christmas cards!!