Thursday, August 8, 2019

Rainbow Yupo Birthday

Hello and Happy Thursday everyone!
A while ago I watched a Jennifer McGuire
video on the Alcohol pearl inks - Which I own of course 😉
She was showing different ways to color on yupo paper

So, of course, I tried out a bunch of crazy designs -
I'm sure you can imagine that I have a stack sitting here 
on my desk that I need to get used up on some cards

So this last week I went ahead and used only
1 of the sheets I designed! What only 1?
What is wrong with you Theresa? Don't know?
I promise I'll use them! 😊

Anywho - the one sheet I did use I got to make
3 cards out of it! WHAT? 3 cards! Why yes I did!

Here's the first card I made with my
alcohol pearl inks in a rainbow design


It looks so cool and shimmery in real life! 
You guys know I'm heading back to work
which means I need Birthday cards for the Staff -

I also broke my promise of trying not to buy more crafting supplies -
I DID purchase that AMAZING die that I'm in LOVE WITH! Could
you really be in love with a die? Well... I AM!!! I've made 4 cards using this
awesome die! (At least you know I'm getting my monies worth!) 😂😂



Here is the inside of course... I even sliced a piece of the yupo paper 
to add inside the card - Again - getting my monies worth! YESS!!! 😁


-- Products used --

Cardstock - Neenah Solar White, Papertrey Ink Black, Yupo, Fun Foam
Assorted Alcohol Pearl inks
Assorted Doodlebug Sprinkles
Stampin' blends markers
clear wink of stella pen
Sentiment - MFT (Anything but Basic Birthday wishes)
Inside sentiment - Dreamerland Crafts (B-Day sentiments 2)
Balloon Stamp - Dollar Tree
SSS Ultra Fine white embossing powder
heat tool, embossing buddy, big shot, stampartus
Happy Birthday Border Die - Lil Inkers
Skinny strips die banner - Neat & Tangled
Stitched Rectangle Frame die - My Creative Time
💖 Diagonal Stitches Cover plate die - Reverse Confetti 💖


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Fantastic day!!

Theresa

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous colours.xxx

Lori said...

Wonderful birthday card! Love the rainbow strip (both inside and out), the cool dots and diagonal stitches plate. The rainbow strip almost looks like crepe paper - fun!

Beckie Williams said...

This is just adorable!! I love the rainbow!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the rainbow strip!! It looks amazing!! The whole design is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CA Scrapper said...

I love this card. The colors are so pretty!! Hope you are having a good week!

Leslie

Chriss America Real said...

This card is just gorgeous! Love that rainbow strip!

Hugs,
Chriss

Evelyn said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Theresa!

Your card is amazing. I can't believe you actually made that rainbow strip and can't wait to see what else you did with that one piece of paper! The colors look amazing behind that white. It's always fun to see what you come up with. Just looking at your list of supplies tells me how much fun it was for you to make. :)

Evelyn

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the rainbow-ness!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Cute card! Love the rainbow colors and diamond background
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Lisa said...

Fantastic!! I love the rainbow of course, but what a cool effect! I haven't used my pearls yet...I'm gonna have to give this a try!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there, Theresa! Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog! Brian and I haven't had the best summer but we're hanging in there! Your rainbow alcohol ink card is absolutely gorgeous! I remember Jennifer McGuire's video and I'd love to try this myself! I've not tried this style of swiping with alcohol inks and it looks like fun! Hope you're having a good summer! The time has flown by so quickly - I can't believe it's nearly mid-August already!

Greta said...

That is the coolest die & a wonderful card! One of these days I'm going to actually open my AI pearls & use them--haha!

Beth F. said...

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE it.

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the rainbow colors you used!! Have a great day,
Gerda

VintageScrapsCanada said...

so cute I love the stitched background adds so much dimension.

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

Oh this is such an awesome card! I do love my Pearl Alcohol Inks... so yeah, you can love craft supplies, lol!