Monday, February 10, 2020

Long Story, Elegant Foiling...

Hello & Happy Monday Crafty Friends!
How the heck was your weekend?
I hope you all had a chance to do something fun!

Me? Well, it started out by adding a new driver
to my computer! Earlier in the week, my computer
was kind enough to warn me that my old
hard drive was about to go out... Weird? I know!

So, I called my husband and he suggested that I
upgrade to a Digital hard drive. So Amazon Prime
to the rescue and a new hard drive arrived, thank goodness
it was easy to install and I was able to clone ALL my files
from my old drive to the new one... And the kicker...
My computer runs sooooo much better now! Who Knew?
Certainly not me! hahaha

While I was shopping at Amazon (for the driver)... I happen to run
across a crafting item, I had been wanting since last year -
So, guess who bought it? ME!!! LOL
So I spent some time playing with my new tool
and I have a card to show ya using it - 


I know, I know another foiled card! But guess what tool
I used to make this card? The FOIL QUILL!!! EEK!!!
Look at the fine details of that image! I was impressed!


I have been wanting it since I saw it at CHA last January.
Of course, I wasn't a fan of the price point at the time (99.00)
But I happen to walk into a Tuesday Morning last week and they
were selling the individual pens for $20 apiece, so I started
to investigate the price. Then I forgot to check around until
I walked into a local Walmart and they had the kit for $64.00!
I was like... WHAT? So, instead of buying it at the store, I went home
and started searching online and funny thing... Walmart.com
is selling it for $44.98! WTH? $20 cheaper than the store???

So then I went to Amazon since I needed a Hard Drive anyway and
they were selling it for the $44.98 price as well... And you know I like
a good deal, so I bought it! Just a side note - Tuesday Morning
also had the Foil Quill Foil Rolls that are $9.99 selling for $4.99
so I bought a bunch of different colors to go with my new tool!

So once I got my important stuff done - (Hard Drive, Laundry, cleaned the house)
I sat down to watch a few youtube videos on how to use
my new tool with my Cameo 3 - After all that, I jumped right in
to make this card my first project with my tool -

I used the light blue pen ( Regular point) The pink pen is the
(Fine Point) and the Dark Blue Pen is the (Bold Tip) -

I grabbed an image from the Silhouette store (#313896)
and I did a TRACE of the image before I went to foil
I tried to make 2 of them, but since it was my very first
time trying it out the first image was off. center... like by a lot and
the second image was perfect or close to it!
I used the Sketch pen setting and set my force to 3 
and kept the speed to 10

I used a portable charger I have to heat up the pen
and away it went - When I revealed the foil image
I could not believe the details! Stunning in person!

So then I wanted to add the sentiment and again
I went to the Silhouette store and got (#10893)
and that was a little trickier since I wanted to
"Fill in" the gold foil... 

Let me just start by saying THANK GOODNESS for
Youtube videos that helped! 

I enlarged my THANKS Word then
I went into "Sketch" and I grabbed the
Checkered image (That's probably not the right name of it)
But anywho, I filled the word with that image and changed the 
spacing to .05 then shrunk it down to fit - 
(It's like filling inside the word) 

Once that was done
I placed the Thanks were I wanted it under the floral design
and added the gold foil on top before sending it
thru to my cameo -  I left the settings the same as
before and then peeled away the foil to reveal
the lovely gold word -


I really love the way this turned out - and I have another
card to share with you (Well 2 more) cause
it was fun to practice and learn how
to use this new tool - It's another great way
to foil and you all know I LOVE to Foil!!! 

I used Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Making Memories Pink
Foiled cardstock, MCT Stitched Rectangle Dies, Fun Foam,
Gold foil from We R Memory Foil Quill Kit
Fushia Foil From We R Memory Foil Quill 12" x 96"


If you guys have any questions?? Feel free to shoot
me an e-mail and I'll be happy to answer your
questions as best I can!


Have a FABULOUS DAY!!

Theresa

11 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Way to go, Theresa! Your card is absolutely beautiful! Looks like you're going to enjoy your new toy! Have fun! I can still call you the foil queen!

Beth F. said...

Ooo! I love the looks of the foil quill too. Your card turned out beautiful and I know you will amaze us with the other projects you use it on.
This weekend was spent by me making the Valentine's day cards I send out to family and taking and editing lots of project pics. I'm happy to have that all done but it feels like there wasn't a weekend at all!
Have a wonderful day!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

So Beautiful - your cards are awesome

Sukie said...

So beautiful! I love the gold foiling, it looks so elegant!

Greta said...

Really beautiful, Theresa! I love foiling, too, but I don't have a Cameo or any of those digital set ups. Just as well--I'll stick with using what I've got which is a lot--haha! I do really want to try Heidi Swaps toner pad, but you have to buy a whole kit & I'm not ready to do that.

Evelyn said...

You were due for a fun weekend!! Yay for you on your deals. See? The hard drive cloud had a silver lining (or should I say gold?)

Beautiful card!! The detail is amazing.

Evelyn

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card! Enjoy your new toy! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Treva said...

Beautiful, love it! Thanks for sharing and inspiring but I won't be jumping on that train since my Minc is still sitting in the box unopened! I have a problem with hoarding so now I'm concentrating on not spending!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Yay, what an awesome deal on the foil quill!! I do love mine and there is so much you can do with the electronic software! Have fun! and I'm glad your computer is running smoothly ;)

Lisa said...

Ooooohhhhhh!!! Now I get it...lol! The fun of going backwards...lol! Very very cool and wow so beautiful!

Gerda said...

WOW, Theresa!! This card is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE, LOVE this card!! You did a awesome job!!!
Have a great day,
Gerda