Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Retro Glam....

Hello & Happy Wednesday Everyone!

While I'm still struggling to create, I managed
to make 8 cards over the weekend using an
old card kit that I had just sitting around - 


I made a card with this kit a long time ago
and since I'm not feeling super crafty I thought this
might help jump-start some Mojo! 

The kit says you can make 8 cards, (which you can see them on the cover) 
 since I already made a card with this kit and made 8 more over the weekend
and have at least 2 possibly 3 cards left to make with
this kit... I think you can get at least 12 cards completed using
any card kit -

I never use the sizes they offer like 5x7 or the large square card
size of 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 - I use the extras from those types of
designs to create more cards with - I also prefer to use
my own cardstock for the card bases - which pushes
more cards out of the kit as well - 

These first 3 cards are the first ones I made
trying to jump that Mojo Juice!, So they
are more like the ones in the picture on the card kit -


I used Sahara Sand Stampin' Up Cardstock for my card bases


This is a long card sized at 3 1/2 x 8 1/2
The only changes I did from the kit are I added only 1 pink scallop
(the kit shows 2) and I added a faux stitch swirl from the bird to the sentiment
I also added Clear wink of Stella on the Birthday chipboard letters and
the chipboard birds wing and belly -
I also added some Fun Foam for Dimension


This one was supposed to be a 5 x 7 card but I cut it down
to be an A2 Size (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and I also didn't add the
4 pink dots the card kit shows - I just didn't like them -
I used my favorite My creative time Stitched rectangle frame die
and added some fun foam for dimension
I also added some Clear Wink of Stella on all the green flowers, 
it gives it a nice sparkle!


This one I changed ever so slightly - I actually love the design of this one -
The original design has that background leaf as the card base -  But I used
my Sahara Sand Cardstock and added a Bazzill green cardstock layer 
then cut down the leaf design then added the rest - I had to trim the
scallop pieces and green strip because mine wasn't the size of the original -
I added clear wink of Stella to the Hoot letters and to the pink bow on the owl
I also added some fun foam for dimension and the stitched
rectangle frame dies are from My Creative Time



I hope you have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!


Theresa

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love these!! Such fun colors!!!

Sukie said...

Very pretty cards! The kit is so gorgeous with those patterns and colors!

Marilyn said...

Cute cards!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Dr Sonia S V said...

What fun creations!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Evelyn said...

How fun! Sometimes it's good to just follow someone else's rules. This is the card you're going to make. You don't have to make any decisions.

Do that for awhile and your rebellious self awakes - Hey, I don't really like that element; I'd rather use this one. And your mojo slowly returns!!

Evelyn

Greta said...

Cute cards!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm working backwards and am in awe of your gorgeous cards! Awesome job with this kit! I would say that your mojo is working just fine! Very impressive!

Migdalia said...

All beautiful cards!! I love the long card.Now I want to make one or two...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Gerda said...

These cars are all beautiful, Thersa!! Love all the pretty papers and the colors!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Kate said...

Oh! I just love these cards! I’ve never used a card kit before. What a great way to create fabulous cards! I especially like the stitched letters.