Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Second Foil Quill Post...

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I'm back with
another Foil Quill Project! I really hope you guys
don't mind all the foil cards I've been sharing...
I really enjoy playing with all the different ways
you can add elegance to your card projects
and foils are definitely up there! :)

So, there are 2 cards and they are Christmas cards!


As you know I just got the Foil Quill kit and I bought extra Foil Quill colors at
my local Tuesday Morning, so I thought it would be fun to try using different foiled
colors on a card! When I use my Laser Printer and heat foil with
my laminator, it's really hard to get different colors - especially this close together
on a project - So having the foil quill really does help with those types of details!


I started out by finding an image in the Silhouette store (#208106)
I chose to use the BOLD PEN Tip this time and I had to
go to Sketch and enlarge my image then fill it in with the
checkered pattern again, then I used the .05 spacing and then
shrunk it down to fit on a card front -

What that does is "fill inside" the outline -
Most SVG's have an outline, and if you want to "color"
the inside with foil, you need to use the Sketch fill first
otherwise, it won't color inside - 
Here's a Youtube video showing someone using this technique
with the Foil Quill - Solid Fill



I used the Red foil first and it did the 2 trees and the 1 swirl, then when it was done
I used the Gold Foil which did 3 trees then I removed it and
then I used the Green foil to finish off the last 3 trees and swirl

I made 2 of them at the same time, so it took a while to create them -
Your machine is doing all the work and getting all the details
into each image - So you need to have patience which I don't
always have but watching this work flawlessly on
both cards made me very happy - It was only my second try
using the Foil quill - I could never get this foiled with all
3 colors with my laser printer and heat foiling, so you can
imagine the massive details having the quill can provide - 

I used Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Making Memories Gold & Red Cardstock,
MCT Stitched Rectangle Frame dies, The Sentiment is from MFT,
and I used Fun Foam for added dimension



Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Theresa

10 comments:

Beth F. said...

These cards are wonderful! I agree, the foiling of different colors so
close together would be very hard to achieve any other way.

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are gorgeous, Theresa! I love your winter scenes full of foil in Christmas colours! Keep up the foiling - I love seeing it!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful! Love the foiling
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Evelyn said...

I didn't understand much of your process, but it sounds like you had fun so YAY! I love playing around with my Silhouette design space program. Sometimes that's enough for me and I don't even have to physically make the project! ��

These Christmas cards are just so pretty and sophisticated. I bet they're even more stunning in person. Very pretty!!

Evelyn

Greta said...

I have no idea how all those products you use work, but wow--what gorgeous cards, Theresa!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I love your sweet row of trees -
This card is so simple but awesome!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

These are gorgeous! That's one thing I wish the Cricut could do - fill in... These look beautiful!

DIANA L. said...

These are beautiful way to go getting a head start!! I am starting my Christmas cards now so I can get them out Dec 1st.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

How cool!! Love these and I had never heard of Foil Quill before... I'm still not sure I know what it is, but I love what you've done with it...lol!! Beautiful!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful cards!! Love the pretty colors foil and the pretty row of trees!! Love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda