Wednesday, October 14, 2020

I'm Back? Sort of... Maybe.... Just a little....

Hello and Happy Wednesday Everyone!
It's been about a bajillion days since my last post!
WOW! That's a long time! LOL

 I'm still plugging away at remodeling my home...
I'm working on the kitchen, which is becoming the most 
costly of the whole renovation plan -

We've got my sister into her place and she is hooked
up to our electricity for the time being - As we wait on the
electric company to come out and fix things - If that ever happens???

She's had to do some work on her place and it's
coming along nicely. She really likes it!

Here's what her house looks like -

Mind you - I took these a while ago, She has done some
more updating since these photos were taken. :)



This is actually the backside of her house when they were dropping it off


It was a mess when it arrived and some things were damaged -
she was upset and Hunter came over to help her clean it up
I was out of town when it arrived...


This is one of the loft bedroom areas 
With an insanely large & heavy barn door
that she did not ask for -


I suggested she change it out for an accordion door
as you can see she did! :)
Her pantry was destroyed during the move so she's
using one of my brown storage shelves til she can
make herself a new one - 


This is her other loft bedroom area - This side has
stairs that were built for it, the other side was supposed to
have a ladder built, but they built it crazy big and heavy
she could barely lift it... When she tried it out, the large
ladder fell from under her and so we tossed it as well -


Here you can see what we came up with - We added
some black metal pipes and attached it to the wall -
We added a metal frame banister as well (it was put on after
I took the picture) :) 


Here's the living space - She was able to find a really
nice couch with storage it fit in here - it looks great!


This is the kitchen area - She has a fridge, dishwasher,
Oven, cutting counter, and a reg. counter -
Again it looks a little different now since this
photo was taken... :)


Her bathroom area - She has a small sink, Toilet, and Regular Shower
She wanted a larger bathroom, so there is actually an area
in there for her Washer & Dryer and she has a huge Storage
shelf area - She has added a mirror since this photo as well - 


This is the view from the bathroom looking out -

She has plans to add on a front porch & back porch
We know a local guy in town who is called the
"Honey Do" list guy and he can help with adding
things she wants done to her place - He's been
a BIG help! :)

It's certainly been an adventure for both of us...
I'm just glad she's nearby and we can help each other out when
needed - I promise to share some
photo's of my place soon - 

In some rooms, we just changed a couple of things and
other rooms we really gave it a makeover - Like I said we
are still working on the kitchen -
After that, the Master Bdrm & Bath will get done -
One of the spare bedrooms has been turned into my
crafting space for the time being - It's been nice to finally get to craft
even if it's for a little bit - 

I've been making some Fall/Halloween Home decor
projects since I couldn't last year
So I thought I would share one of them with you today!

YAY for crafting!! LOL


It's been a long while since I've revamped anything
from the $1 store - So, that's what I've been doing...

I have tons of items from the $1 store that I've wanted to 
re-design myself and this is one of them -

Unlike the YouTubers, I watch on $1 store makeovers
I personally like to remove the entire front of the item -
I like the shape of them but want to add my own spin
to it - so in this case as you can tell it was a witch
hat with some sentiment (forgot to take before photos) OOPS!

Either way, I started by sanding the entire front down
I even took off the paper design -
Then I chose my paints - In this case, I used
some glittery black & Purple Acrylic paints

I added some dry brushing to the edges with white paint
Then I Mod Podged it - I Mod Podge before adding
the vinyl because for some reason (in my case)
The vinyl won't stick as well and YES I use the
good Vinyl, not the cheap stuff... :) 
It's just the way it works for me I guess...

The Spider and parts of the witch hat were cut out
with some My Creative Time Dies & Vinyl

The Sentiment I found in the Silhouette Store 
Other than my time, I already had the vinyl, paints,
 dies, & machine... I only spent a $1 on this fun sign
that is sitting on my coffee bar...


I just love it and the sentiment!
I hope to be back with more to share!

Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Theresa

8 comments:

Beth F. said...

It's great to see you crafting again! I love the peek at your sister's little house. I've always been intrigued by those but I know ultimately I know I wouldn't be able to live in one full time.

Beckie Williams said...

I am so happy to see you crating again! You have been missed. Your sister's place looks so cute.

Marilyn said...

Like you, I have not posted anything on my blog in a long time neither.i have made some cards and 3D projects but have not posted them yet. Love what you did with your project and love the sentiment! Glad to see you crafting again
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Chriss America Real said...

Theresa,

I have missed you sooooo much! Glad to see things are coming along. We are in the middle of a huge home renovation. We had our living room bumped out and a bay window, we are getting a new metal roof, new siding and rock around our doorway and bottom of our house.

Your project is super cute! Can't wait to see photos of your house.

Hugs,
Chriss

Karla Yungwirth said...

It’s so nice to hear what you’ve been up to! Your sisters place is coming along great and it sounds like you’ve been very busy with your space as well!! I love your Halloween project, and thanks so much for the tips about removing the existing design from the dollar store products! Hope you’re having a wonderful fall!!

Migdalia said...

Hi Theresa, It's nice to see you crafting again... I hope you continue. Super cute project. Your sister's place looks really nice.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your sister's place is looking great! And I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE that little decor!!! So ADORABLE!!!!!

Greta said...

Adorable project--made me chuckle! So fun seeing pictures of your sister's place. Looks fresh & cozy! Hope she got a refund for the damages/errors. Anxious to see your place. Glad you got a crafting spot since even a little crafting does wonders for the soul! Sending hugs & cheer, Greta