Saturday, October 24, 2020

Home Decor' Remake Project...

 Happy Saturday Crafty Friends! 
How has your week gone? how bout' the weekend so far?
Mine? busy, busy... So busy that I hurt my lower back!
It's been a while since I did that... I believe the last time was
back in Dec. 2019 - Soooo it was bound to happen sooner or later -

We are still chugging along with the kitchen but I'm taking it easy
this weekend because of my lower back pain, so I thought I
would sit down and write out a few posts-

You guys know I love Fall and Halloween and I've only shared one
thing so far... I did make a couple of things for the Fall season -
I even took some time to actually make 3 Cards -
I haven't made a card since March? maybe April?

So, I'm hoping to share them this next week - 
I think I'm just gonna make a quick post every day til
Halloween so you can see what I've been up to
 since getting a small craft space started -

I can't even be online more than once a week, so I apologize
now that I still haven't been able to get to most of your blogs - 
I think I got on Facebook once... it's just hard and time-consuming
and the house IS consuming my life more than anything else at the moment. :) 


So... here is another home decor project I did -
I got this sign from a teacher at my old job -


She was going to toss it out but when I saw
it, I told her what I see in the shape, and she
said go ahead and take it - just let me see what
you did when you finish it -


Well... here's what I did with it!


Isn't he the cutest? OMGOSH...
I think this turned out adorable and it's sitting by my front entry -

And YES! I did send her the pictures and she loved it! :)


What I did -----

1.) I sanded the sign down
2.) I painted it with a white primer
3.) I painted it with 2 shades of greens (acrylic paint)
4.) I dry brushed the edges and lines with a grey acrylic paint
5.) I painted my canvas with Mod Podge and let dry
6.) Went into my Silhouette program and found 2
different images and took parts from both to create this guy
7.) I picked out a few assorted colors of vinyl & cut out the pieces
8.)  Layered all the vinyl cuts on my sign to create this adorable Frankie!

When my sister came over she couldn't believe how cute
he turned out and I was like... I know... Right? I so love him!


Anyway... That's what I got for now!

Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Theresa

5 comments:

Beth F. said...

What an adorable remake! That is such a cute Frankenstein. I hope your back feels better soon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooo ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeeeee what you did with him!!!!! Tooooo cute! So glad you were able to find time to make him!

Greta said...

Your creativity amazes me! Super fun project using a discarded item, Theresa! Good luck with the house. I can only imagine how much you have to do! Hope your back is better soon!

Evelyn said...

Your house must look so fun! Frankie is adorable.

Evelyn

Marilyn said...

Awesome! Hope your back pain gets better soon. My husband is going through major back problems now and he is having surgery next week for it.
Have a great day!
Marilyn💖