Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I saved some.....

Happy Tuesday crafty friends!
How was your weekend?
Mine was boring - I started out crafting
on Friday night, but then Saturday I didn't
feel like doing anything except watch Hulu/Netflix!
Then On Sunday I got a jump start on my taxes -

Which brings us now to Tuesday! LOL
I'm hoping to craft a little bit this week
but I'll have to see how my work schedule plays out!

I'm sure you all know how that goes! :)
In the meantime, I thought I would show you
a Gift I made my son & his Girlfriend --


I've had a stack of these $ store glass cutting boards for a while now
and thought I would put at least 1 of them to some good use!

My son & his girlfriend are wine drinkers and I saw this sentiment
in the Silhouette store (131228) and thought it would be PERFECT
for them as a gift - I also purchased a wall hanger for this piece
I wanted them to hang it in their kitchen area


My son & I have a similar sense of humor, so I knew he would
get a kick out of it! 

I used some assorted vinyl pieces from my stash (Black, Silver, & Red)
and I Flipped the sentiment because I was going to
vinyl this to the back side of the cutting board --

The front side which you see in the photos is very 
bumpy - it has a lot of texture and I knew the vinyl
wouldn't look right on top of it --

It came out really nice and my son got a kick out of 
the sentiment like I had thought!

I'm planning on making one for myself... 
But I think I'm gonna use a Coffee sentiment -
Will see what happens with that!!! LOL 


I hope you have a FABULOUS DAY!!

Theresa

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute!!

Migdalia said...

So SUPER cute!!! Can't wait to see the coffee one!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Nana said...

Will be a beautiful piece for them to hang. Love how the front has the bubbly texture makes it look somewhat frosted. Such a cute and fun sentiment. I know they will love it.
Nana

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Wow this is awesome - So creative!!

Lisa said...

I love this!! That sentiment is fabulous!! It looks amazing on the glass!! Creative and gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beckie Williams said...

Adorable ... I have always wanted to play with glassware! Maybe I might give it a try!!

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous project!! Love the sentiment!! Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda.

Sukie said...

Fabulous project! I love the vinyl that you used and that font looks awesome! I'm looking forward to the coffee themed one!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB design!

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cool present! It can look great on the wall but also be used as a serving dish! I love the font and the colors! You can really see it well through the glass. ♡

Evelyn

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow!! Beautiful cutting board!! I love it!!! Amazing!!!

Lisa said...

SO cool! And you know I cannot wait to see the coffee one... you better share it in the coffee lovers...lol!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Very cute!! Such a great gift idea! Good for you starting on your taxes. I always dread it but last year we got the date wrong and finished a month early, which was really nice, lol!