Monday, July 2, 2018

4th of July Wooden Star..

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!
We got a BIG Holiday coming up!
The 4th of July is always so fun with
Barbeques and Fireworks - Friends & Family!
Great time to Celebrate our Freedom & Independence!

With that comes Decorating!! Who likes to decorate??
MEEE!!! I Dooo, I Doooo!!! LOL 
I love decorating my house for the holidays/seasons
It just makes me HAPPY!!!

So here's a super quick project I created -


 My FAVORITE Local wood store has closed (Inserting Sad Face)
But not before I went down there to buy a bunch of different things -
Of course by the time I got there (Less than 24hrs. after they announced it)
They were sold out on almost everything!! I'm so BUMMED!!!

I guess I'll have to order my wood pieces online now... UGH!

Anywho... I got this simply cute Star design from them and
painted it up right away with Dark Navy blue
Then I Mod Podged over the Blue and added
some Sparkly blue Glitter! Then I reapplied more
Mod Podge, so the Glitter wouldn't fall off!

Then I grabbed a Scrap piece of some Doodlebug paper
Traced out the little star shape, cut it out and adhered that
piece on with Mod Podge then sanded it down
before attaching it with some wood glue -

Then it was time to dress it up! So I grabbed my White
Tulle and glued it in place (I was going for a POP type of Look)
Like from fireworks... :) Then I Made a Double Bow
And stuck it on my shelf! LOL


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a Fantastic Day!!!

Theresa

12 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your July 4 decor is gorgeous! The star is beautiful and I love all the sparkle and gorgeous tulle! It sounds like your upcoming holidays will be lots of fun! Enjoy!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful project! Love the sparkle!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Theresa!! The sparkle is amazing!! I love the tulle and the pretty heart paper!! I bet this looks so beautiful in your house!! Sorry your local wood store closed :( Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori said...

Wow! Love your star with the blue glitter. The hearts are so sweet and the tulle and twine are the perfect touch! Happy 4th!

CA Scrapper said...

That is so beautiful and very festive! I'm looking forward to a day off on Wednesday. Have a great week.

Leslie

Evelyn said...

So sad about your wood store closing, and that other people beat you to the sale!! I bet you scored some good stuff, though, like this star. It looks great, and the tulle does remind me of an exploding firework!! :)

I hate decorating; I'm much more of a plain Jane. I do have one table in the hall that has some stuff on top, but rarely change it out.

Evelyn

Treva said...

Love what you did with your wooden star! Sorry to hear about your local shop, which I'm sure was a treasure to your area.

Chriss America Real said...

This star is very pretty!

Hugs,
Chriss

Migdalia said...

So sorry to hear about your local shop. Such a pretty star!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Gerda said...

This star is so BEAUTIFUL!! I love the pretty heart paper!! Sorry your wood store closed!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Lisa said...

This is quite awesome! Love the blue glitter... love the tulle!! Happy 4th (on the 12th!)...lol!

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

What a fabulous decoration! Perfect to celebrate the holiday!