Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Many, Many Thanks...

Hello & Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends!
We have Rain pretty much ALL week long in the forecast! (bummer) 
I guess it could be worse like (Snow) EEK! 
Bite your tongue THERESA!!!
Either way, Spring break is just around the corner
and I'll be heading to the other place for painting -

We are hoping to get the whole inside of the
house painted! I don't know if all of it will
get done cuz it IS SPRING BREAK! Am I Right? LOL

As I mentioned last week in a post my poor
sweet Canon Pro 9000 printer died on me...
It's been about 5 months since I've actually had
a colored printer (oh the horror!!) So...
I finally bought myself a new one and I HAD
to try it out by using some images from
the Silhouette Store to print with -

I purchased another Canon of course (I LOVE Canon!)
It's an iP8720 and can print large papers like 12 x 12 
It's also a pigment ink-based printer -
What that means is I don't have to use a protectant spray anymore
when I use my Wink of Stella pens! YAY!
It's actually GREAT for water coloring!!! 

My other Canon and most inkjet printers are DYE INK Based
and they don't like water much, that is why I always
sprayed any of my Print N cuts with a Sealer first and let it
dry, so that I could use my water-based pens on the images
without them getting ruined...

So, I have a quick CAS card I made using an
image from the Silhouette store and my new printer -


I added tiny clear adhesive gems to the dots (CTMH)
The Stitched Scallop Frame Die is from (CDD)
The Stitched Rectangle Frame die is from (MCT)
The Red Dotted paper is from Doodlebug Designs
The White Cardstock is Neenah Smooth Solar White
I used a piece of Fun Foam for added dimension
And the Thanks Image is from the Silhouette Store (#77329)


This will work well at school since everyone always asks if I could
bring in more Thank You Cards! :)


Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!

Theresa

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I've done the Spring Break painting thing before! Not always fun! LOL!! I love the card! LOVING the circles and the colors!

Kate said...

This looks fabulous, Theresa! I love the bold colours! And I’m so happy that you got a new printer. Yay!! Sounds like a great one too!

It’s pouring here as well... I agree it’s better than snow!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the colourful circles...very cool
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sukie said...

Awesome card! I love the fun and festive design! Yay for a new printer!

Evelyn said...

Such a happy card! And thanks for the info on the different Canon inks.

Have fun painting! Hope you get lots done. I'm painting my granddaughter's bedroom this week. The paint color is called Oh So Pink, and boy it sure is!!

Evelyn

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh how charming! I love these fun colors and your very cheerful card! Congratulations on the new printer - it sounds like a wonderful new tool. I have a silly question in the history of silly questions but where is your die from -what is MCT? I thought MFT but thinking not :) Hugs!

Gerda said...

What a very pretty Thank you card!! Love the colors!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Greta said...

Cute card! I can tell you're going to enjoy your new printer. Surprised you still have school, but guess there are a lot of places not shut down like we are. Take care--pretty scary virus.