Monday, March 23, 2020

Happy, Happy, Happy...

Hello and Happy Monday Everyone!
I'm back from my Spring Break and I
see all the craziness going on in the world!

Remember I was without internet for a week
so I'm a little behind! This does explain the
easy drive home with less traffic - Boy it was
a quick and easy ride for a change! LOL

We are doing just fine and I still have to go to work -
The schools are closed but they want us to come in 
and deep clean while we wait for school to re-open! 
Hunter and I will be going in at night so the teaching staff
can be there during the day - we don't want anyone
to freak out if there's too many of us at school at once -

Our school has been keeping the whole staff up to date
with what's going on and what will be happening in
the near future - As far as I know our whole
staff is still employed and we are all doing our parts to help
the students with what they need - 

My husband, who most of you know is disabled is
back at the other place - remember it is in the
middle of nowhere and I made sure to stock his fridge
and freezer before I left... 
Although, that was a challenge since so many people
were buying up all the food! He was running low since the last time 
I was there (which was back in February) - But I think
I got him squared away until I return Easter Weekend!

Of course, that worried me as Hunter and I returned to Utah...
We had no toilet paper in the house or paper towels
and we were really low on food since we knew we'd be gone
for a week and of course not realizing everyone
would freak out!  I did grab some extra toilet paper from
my husband, since he had more than enough to share with us...
But not enough paper towels (ooh, well) -

When we returned, traffic was sparse and we stopped to check our
Walmart out for some food.. thankfully they had meat in stock, eggs, and milk
so we were good about that, but still no paper towels - Otherwise
we are set for a little while - we did not hoard anything - we only took
what we needed for the time being - 1 gal. of milk, 1 pack of eggs, 
1 pk of lunch meat, some cheese, some meat - 
but certainly not more than what I felt we needed -
There were no canned goods, but that didn't bother me either - 
I do have some canned food on hand as well 

I'm just shocked by all the hoarding some people feel the need to do!
I get people are scared (Me not so much) but I get it for those that are -
But in a time of need for EVERYONE... WHY? on earth would they think
it's okay to hoard all the toilet paper and food? When there are
so many of us in this world who need it as well - 

I guess helping your fellow man goes out the window when
some become panicked and scared - Of course, the Media is no help -

Anyway, I'll jump off my soapbox and share a card I made
over the weekend - I had a bunch designed in my Silhouette Program
awhile ago when I didn't have a printer - and now that I do I can
actually bring these designs to life! YAY


The images are from the Silhouette Store (#303598)
They are a sticker pack, so I used different ones in the pack to create my card front


I wanted this one to be for a female so I added some Clear Wink of Stella 
to the Balloons and tiny hearts


This one could be for either or - But I didn't add any glitter to it -

The Stitched Rectangle Frame die is from (MCT) My Creative Time
I used Fun Foam to pop up the card front onto the card bases
The cardstock is - Papertrey Ink, Bazzil White, & Stampin' Up
My Printer is a Canon IP8720



I hope you are ALL doing well and are Healthy!

HUGS!

Theresa

10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards, Theresa! Our stores are still well stocked at this time. We are not hoarding either, however, we had plenty of TP on hand as we bought on sale way before this started. Some people think only of themselves. I hope your hubby is doing okay. Also hope you can get some paper towel soon. Stay safe and healthy.

Evelyn said...

Totally adorable, and a very happy card!

My husband was able to pick up my paper racks from the AC Moore that is closing in a nearby town, so I'm in the middle of re-organizing my craft room! I've got the paper all put in place and all my knitting supplies are where I want them to be. Now it's just the supplies for paper crafting, but still a big job. Can't wait til it's finished so I actually get to play in there!!

Evelyn

Marilyn said...

Cute cards! It’s crazy here too! Our stores are slowly getting TP and paper towels in stock. We usually buy our TP a and paper towels from Sam’s. Of course by the time we went there they were out. My husband found some at a Dollar General and bought some for us and my kids since they couldn’t find any neither. Hopefully what we have will last until this craziness is over
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Crazy here too! I love the cards! Those balloons are so bright and happy!!

Sukie said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Hope all is well during this crazy time!

Treva said...

Love your cards, great design as usual! Glad that all is well with you and your family; I totally understand about the hoarding and not leaving items for others that might need to purchase them.

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous cards!! Love the bright colors you used!! Have a great day,
Gerda

Kate said...

Great card - and I bet the Wink of Stella makes those balloons look extra fabulous!

So glad you were able to get some groceries. We've still got stocked shelves here, with the exception of toilet rolls and disinfectant wipes. We've heard it's best to have only one person per household run the errands so my middle guy is doing that for us. He's getting my mum's groceries too. I leave the house to walk the dog each day but am otherwise home. I'm so glad the school is letting you work shifts to reduce the number of people working at the same time.

Please stay safe! The numbers from the US have gone up quite a bit this week and I've been saying prayers for all my crafting friends south of the border. That includes you!!

Greta said...

Very cute cards--love the bright colors! Hoping you're doing OK. Scary times, for sure. So glad we're in a quiet area without so many people, but I had to wait 4 days to get a time to pick up my groceries ordered on-line. No way we're going into any buildings at this point.

Lisa said...

These are fun! And love that you added Wink of Stella!