Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!!!

Hello & Happy Halloween Everyone!
I've got on my Spooky Halloween Pants & Shirt today
to celebrate this fun Candy Feast day! LOL

With Halloween in mind - I've got 1 last Halloween card
to show you - I made this the other day using another
NEW die from Gina Marie Designs


I got ALL inked up on this one! I think it turned out cool!





I thought I would share HOW I created this card with you -
Not everyone uses Distress inks or sprays, and I thought
running through the process might help someone else try it out! :)



I used my Distress inks to create the background - I started out with the orange, yellow, green, & purple colors - Then I sprayed my Watercolor paper with water, waited a minute then placed a paper towel over it, then lifted the paper towel - Doing that process helps remove some of the ink and leaves light water spots on the paper -

Then I took my Black re-inker & mixed some water with it and some
Shimmer mist - then, took my splatter paint brush to splatter
it on top of the colors I had already on the paper -
I thought purple splatters would give it a nice look too - so, 
I took my Purple re-inker and did the same
method as I did for the black one - 

(I only did this with the re-inkers because I don't own
any of the colored Spray stains) - If I did, I would have use those instead of the re-inkers!) (just an FYI) :)

Then I had to wait to let it dry
THAT TOOK FOREVER!!! So I used my Heat tool to help it along! :)
I then used my Brushed Pewter Distress Spray and then
Sprayed the entire card with the Frost Shimmer spray
Again - HAD to let it dry! :) 
So, you really can't tell in the photo, but the card does have a sparkle/shimmer to it, because of the shimmer frost spray I used....

While it was drying, I cut out the Spooky Tree die 3x's 
to give it some dimension and the Bats
I cut out 8x's - 3x's each for the ones on the front of the card -
and the other 2 for the inside of my card! :)
Before cutting out my dies I added Double sided adhesive to the black cardstock before cutting - this way everything has adhesive on it already, which makes it easier to layer & adhere to my card
Once the card was completely dry - I Die Cut it with a 
Stitched Card Mat Die then added the Tree & Bats to the card front 

The sentiment was embossed with 2 different Embossing powders
 I used my Static Tool Powder first, then I stamped the Sentiment with Versamark Ink (Using the Misti tool) -
 I added some Orange/Red mixture of Embossing powder and heat set it
Then I went back and re-stamped the sentiment with versamark ink
and Used the Black Embossing powder - I did offset
the stamp just a tiny bit - Which gave it that COOL Shadow Effect!

I then attached the card to my Black card base - and thought
it needed just a tiny bit of sequins - which I adhered with some glossy accents - Then added some Washi tape to the white card mat that
was going inside my card along with the 2 bats



-- PRODUCTS USED --

Cardstock - Stampin' Up, Canson Watercolor
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron, 
Squeezed Lemonade, Wilted Violet
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain - Brushed Pewter
Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inkers - Black Soot, Dusty Concord
Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz Spray
Sentiment & Sequins - My Craft Spot (No Longer Available)
Embossing Powders - Clear Tops (Summer Potpourri) & WOW! (Ebony Black)
EK Success Static Powder Tool
Marvy Heat Gun
Misti Tool
Versamark Ink
ATG Gun, ThermOWeb, Elizabeth Crafts Adhesive, Glossy Accents
Stitched Card Mat Die - My Favorite Things
Orange/Black Washi Tape - Recollections (For the inside of my card)
Spooky Tree & Bat Die Set - Gina Marie Designs


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a FANTASTIC & SAFE HALLOWEEN!!!!


Theresa

13 comments:

Blue6366 said...

You always make the best cards. Love the addition of the distressed ink on this one!

Marilyn said...

A lot of work was put into making this card, but it turned out great!!

Lisa said...

It looks amazing!! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the details and reading how you put it together!! Love this my friend!! Happy Halloween!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Thank you for hosring your tutorial!! I really love this background.I am going to try this...
I love the pretty colors and fun die cut too! Super fun card! Awesome job my friend!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M



Gerda said...

What a great Halloween card!! I love the fabulous background!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is such a fun Halloween card! I am really loving your amazing background- the colors are fabulous and that spooky tree is great! Happy Halloween to you my sweet friend 🎃

Sharon said...

Total awesomeness Theresa!!! Love how you did the sentiment! Looks so cool!! And the bg is most fabulous!!! Loving the tree and bats, too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card and fantastic post. The background is just beautiful, and I thought the re-inkers did a fabulous job. I loved reading how you made this beauty and all your great tips. Thanks especially for the tip about the double sided adhesive paper. I'm gonna have to get some of that. What a great way to adhere such detailed cuts!

Evelyn

~ Kendra ~ said...

Awesome Halloween card! LOVE the scene you've created!!

Nana said...

WOW this is sure one beautiful card. Love the scene you crated. All your hard work sure paid off.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ MCC Shop ♥

Lisa said...

LOVE this! That background is just delicious!! Very awesome!

Karla Yungwirth said...

I love your Distress Ink backgrounds. This is so perfect for a Halloween card, and your tree silhouette looks awesome!

Roberta Stevenson said...

Your background is sooo cool! Love it! Awesome card!

Roberta