Monday, June 18, 2018

Fun Kitchen Sign!

Hello and Happy Monday Everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was busy
crafting! Lots to do, lots to do! It was way too hot outside... 
So crafting seemed like the better choice! LOL

I made a super FUN Kitchen sign for myself and
I made one as a gift for my niece -




I saw the sign on Pinterest and could NOT
stop laughing - So I had to make one for myself!

I used my Silhouette Program to make my sign
I found the pan on google as a free image 
I can't remember the fonts I used, but they probably came
from the Silhouette store along with those utensil images.

I painted a wooden frame with White Chalk paint,
then painted over that with some Red Chalk paint
Then I sanded it down some to give it a Distressed look

I'm using White vinyl from Expression Vinyl on my sign
and I found some older Stampin' Up Ribbon to attach
for hanging my sign.




This is the one I made for my Niece - 
She likes the colors White, Blue, & Maroon - 
So I made sure to incorporate all 3 colors on hers!

I also decided to add some smoke... HAHAHA
I found the smoke image in one of my coffee files and 
shrunk it down to fit her sign... I really like the added Smoke!

I attached a dark blue/white stripe ribbon to hers for hanging in her Kitchen!
She LOVED her sign and had it hanging up the same day I gave it to her!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FABULOUS DAY!!!

Theresa

17 comments:

Marilyn said...

OMG!! I love your signs!! Love the little kitchen utensils and the saying
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I love them!! They totally make me smile!! The touches of smoke are perfect!! Your niece will adore hers!! Awesome, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beth F. said...

That is really a hilarious saying! Great job on your signs! I know your niece will love hers.

Lori said...

Your signs are so fun! How cute for the kitchen and I know your niece will be thrilled with hers. (I had to turn the smoke alarm off in our eating area a long time ago - I kept setting off while I was cooking!)

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, that's awesome, Theresa! I love both of them! That wording is so fun - just perfect for the kitchen! Beautiful projects!

CA Scrapper said...

Welcome back from vacation my friend. Hope you had a fabulous time. I love that sign, it's so funny and beautiful. Have a great week!

Leslie

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh, how fun! I really love these adorable signs. I can totally relate to that saying also. Cooking is not my one of my talents for sure!

I have really missed seeing your projects lately and am about to make up for lost time. We sold our house (finally) a few days after our son's wedding. With the wedding, packing, moving, unpacking and then VBS on top - the last 3 months have been crazy busy! I'm finally slowing down a little and trying to get my crafty mojo back! Going to go see what you've been up to and load up on some inspiration!

Sue from Oregon said...

Got a chuckle over this one!

Sukie said...

Fabulous projects! They are so fun and witty! The design looks amazing, I love the distressed look too!

DIANA L. said...

What a great project and a fun gift. I am sure your niece will love it!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG LOL OMG LOL I'm lovin' your sign it's awesome definitely a great find and they turned out Splendific...I love it so much!! Both of your signs are Spectacular and your niece is going to love hers! You so did one Super Outstanding Creative job...and I am so making one for myself because I do fit into this category....LOL mine will be a fridge magnet!! TFS!! YOU ROCK!

Evelyn said...

That is funny!! My smoke alarm cheers me on, too! especially when I use the broiler . . .

These signs are great! Like you said, it's nice to have a second fun crafty thing to do, and you really work that wood! :)

Evelyn

Gerda said...

OMG, Thersa!! These are AWESOME projects!! Your niece will love it!! You always have wonderful wood projects!! LOVE, LOVE it!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Migdalia said...

Oh my goodness!! You made me smile and laugh! Love this!!Fabulous & Fun!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Karla Yungwirth said...

Crafting is always the better choice ;) and your designs are wonderful!! I’m sure your niece is going to love her new kitchen decor!

Greta said...

You are so clever!

Lisa said...

I cannot believe how long it's been since I've visited you! Which means it's been that long for everyone else..lol! I LOVE this!! So cool! Both versions are pretty awesome!