Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Christmas Wishes Hexagon...

Hello and Happy Wednesday Crafty Friends!
I've got my weekly Christmas card to share with you

I gotta tell ya... I'm so happy with how it turned out! EEK!


I've been wanting to make a hexagon card for awhile now
and I finally made one over the weekend - CORRECTION --
I made 2 of them!! And they're both different!!! 
So I'm sharing this one this week and I'll share the
other one next week - I love them both -
The only time consuming part was die cutting ALL
those hexagons out - I only have 1 small stitched hexagon
die, so putting it through the Big Shot several times
with all the little Scrap Doodlebug paper was probably
the hardest part - LOL 

I die cut about 20 of them for the 2 cards and then
having to decide which direction I wanted them to go -
So this card is a Top Folding card and the other
card is landscape - :)

Anywho - After I placed my hexagons where I 
wanted them I adhered them down on the white card
front then grabbed my Stitched Rectangle die to
make the card front nice and clean 
Then I didn't want to add to much to the card
because of all the fun papers, so I just pulled out
a Simple Christmas Stamp and then grabbed my
Pink and Main Wishes die and cut it out 3x's
for the dimension - Placed it where I felt
it would look best... then added some Lucy's Cards
Rainbow jewels just to finish it off!!!


And now another one bites the dust!!!
That's right you'll be singing that song ALL DAY LONG!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Fabulous Day!!!

Theresa

15 comments:

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love how colorful it is. Great design for the hexagons and the way you layered the sentiment made it really pop. Love it! Hope you have a wonderful day

Marilyn said...

Pretty card!! Love the different papers!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute! FAB idea for scraps-I'll have to do this!!!!

Janis Lewis said...

Love your hexagon design. Beautiful card.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--you have more patience than me! I do love the look of this card & can't wait to see the other one!

Lisa said...

It' so gorgeous!! Your hexagon design is fabulous!! I love the papers you used!! Beautiful, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Hi Theresa! Thought I would pop by to see what you have been up to lately and wow!! You always blow me away with your projects! This Christmas card is so so so cute!! I love the hexagons!!!

Tracy said...

Oh my such a fun bright and happy Christmas card :)
I love those papers!!
I made my first hexagon card last summer and also made 2 of them...I had a punch so it went pretty quick.
Looking forward to seeing your second card!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks great!! I ought to make one, but I have much easier ways to do it. First off, I have an old hexagon punch from Creative Memories (I think) that has hexagons in two sizes so you could make a shadow.

The second way is just to use the Silhouette Design Studio. You can make a stitched any-shape. Put your shape on the virtual mat and make an internal offset. Then change the line of the offset to be a dashed line. Group both together and there you have it! Easy peasy, and you can fill your mat with them using up all your little scraps.

In fact, I just may do that!! :)

Evelyn

Sukie said...

What a cute card! I love the hexagon dies! You used the perfect papers too! The large die cut looks awesome! Thank you for the sweet birthday card, I just got home from being out of town and loved getting my happy mail!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

I love love love this !!!


Now I need Christmas die so I can recreate this - hmmm mothers day is soon!!!

I am definitely remaking this card!!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Theresa!! I love all the pretty papers and fabulous design!! Fabulous idea TFS!! Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda

Migdalia said...

I love your weekly Christmas cards!! A beautiful card!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Lisa said...

Love this one too! What a fun way to add lots of color and patterns!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Love the hexagons!! Gorgeous Christmas card <3