Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Post #2 - Remake of $ Tree products

Hello & Happy Wednesday Everyone!
I'm back with another Make-over of
$ tree products again... it was another video
that had me going... HECK YES! I want to make it!


I created the Stand and remade over that Lantern -
The Green pumpkin is from the $ Tree as well...
and the Wooden Leaf I had in my stash of wood projects
for about 2 years now that I finally made over - 

Let's start with the Stand since I used several
items from the $ tree -

1 Glass Candleholder, 1 pk. of burner covers,
1 Halloween lantern, 1 pk of cutting mats,
1 nautical rope, 1 orange pumpkin, 1 pack of fall Raffia



The Candleholder was covered with 2 toilet paper rolls and
trimmed down to fit flush with the top of the candleholder then
I glued the orange pumpkin upside down into the
glass candle holder making it secure -
Then I used a hot glue gun and wrapped the rope around the bottom base

I sanded then spray painted 1 of the burner covers after it was dry I
attached it to the pumpkin bottom and now I have a Stand!


The Lantern top was opened and I removed the orange Halloween
design, I used it as a template - I took one of the clear
chopping mats and traced the design then cut it out of the clear mat
I made sure it fit and trimmed where it was needed -
I put that to the side and added some painters tape around
the candle that's attached inside the lantern - I didn't want that painted -
Then I bought a can of Rust-Oleum Hammered Brown Spray paint
and sprayed the lantern... it took only a few minutes & drying time was pretty
fast as well - I then put the new clear inside piece back into the lantern and
closed it up, made sure it still lit up and it did then I added
some Fall Raffia around the top and hot glued an acorn as well -
It looks like metal and not plastic which is so cool!

The Wooden leaf was spray painted as well then I found
some old Stampin' Up Designer paper that I traced
out of the leaf, cut it to size then Mod Podged it
right to the leaf - I sanded the edges then inked the
edges a bit and I thought about adding a sentiment to
the leaf, but like how it looks right now - 

This really did turn out so nice and I like the look of it -


Have a FABULOUS DAY!!

Theresa

13 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

lovely with a gorgeous rustic feel
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Treva said...

Wow, you are on a roll; I am loving the way you are upcycling your $Tree finds; lots of inspiration!

Sukie said...

Great home decor piece! That tray looks great and I love the adorable pumpkin!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous display!! It looks so amazing!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous home decor project!! LOVE it!!!Have a great day,
Gerda

Marilyn said...

Awesome project!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Evelyn said...

Oh, my goodness! What vision you have. I'd have passed those items right up. Lovely!!

Evelyn

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! What a makeover on both of these!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Migdalia said...

It turned out beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

Greta said...

Beautiful! I admire that you watch a video & then actually make something based on it!

Sue from Oregon said...

Well you certainly are on a roll girlie! Again loving all your projects-especially love the pumpkin candle holder! ♥ Sue Kment

Karla Yungwirth said...

Just brilliant!! Love this - it's so inspiring for fall!

Lisa said...

So pretty!! I can't believe you made this from dollar store items!