Tuesday, September 17, 2019

$ Store Remakes...

Hello & Happy Tuesday Everyone!
How was your weekend? Mine was Awesome!
WHY??? You Ask... Well...
 My middle son Juston whose a Marine
 finally came home for good! We were so excited
to pick him up at the airport and bring him home!


Here he is... a Civilian once again and
being nice so his Mom could take his picture!

I've had little time for crafting lately since
so much is happening/Changing in my life...
Nothing bad mind you.. just stressful and
I worry a lot so that doesn't help me... :)

But I've been watching Youtube videos -
Can you say TROUBLE!! Cuz I think I found
myself in trouble, doing another craft hobby!

Redoing items from the Dollar Tree! Yup.. You read that right!
I've been amazed but some of the videos I've been
watching that I thought I would try it myself -
Which has now got me going into 4 different Dollar Trees
on any given day before or after work! LOL

So.... Let me share one of my remakes I did
find time to do -


Aren't they wonderful??? I LOVE Fall, so I had to make something
fun to hang on the wall - I made 2 of them, so I could send one to a friend of mine -

Okay... So I only purchased the Cutting boards from
the Dollar Tree - They looked like this --


I painted them with Spray paint that I had on hand
Then found the Pumpkin Spice Print on Google Search
and printed them out... I did resize them to fit my boards -
Then I Mod Podge them onto the cutting boards -

After they dried I dressed them up with Jute Twine
I had but it is from the $ Store
The Tiny Acorns are from Hobby Lobby I got a year ago
The Metal leaf on the one sign is from Oriental Trading
The wooden leaves are from Hobby Lobby from a yr. ago
The wooden Pumpkins are from $ Tree & Target $ bin from last yr.

Anyway... I hope you like my remake - It was fun to do
and I have a couple more to show you 
Plus I did find time on Sunday to make cards! YAY
So, I'll be sharing them soon as well!


Have a Fabulous Day!

Theresa

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on your son coming home and thank him for his service!! The cutting boards look amazing and absolutely perfect for fall decor!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beth F. said...

How wonderful that you get to have Juston home for good now! These fall cutting boards are absolutely adorable! Great idea for seasonal odds and ends.

Evelyn said...

This is right up your tree! It's like your wood work. You are crafty in so many ways!

Congratulations on having your son back home again. Have fun hugging him!!

Evelyn

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY!!! for your son being home!! That is WONDERFUL!!!! I love love love those cutting boards!!!! Just GENIUS!!!!!! I think I will try this too for Christmas time!!! I have some old Simple Stories prints that would be perfect!!!!! Pinning this!!!!

Treva said...

Congrats on the return of your son, please thank him for your service; I feel like I need to make a trip to the $Tree after seeing your altered projects.

Sukie said...

I'm so happy to hear that your son is home, that is such wonderful news! Your cutting boards look amazing! I love the word art design!

Gerda said...

Hello Theresa. It's great to hear that your son is back home!! That is fantastic news!! The cutting boards are both awesome!!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Marilyn said...

Cute cutting boards! And for your son, Thanks for your service!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Migdalia said...

Happy to hear about your son coming home! Yay!!The cutting boards are gorgeous!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Migdalia's Crafts

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful projects, Theresa! Hope things settle down for you. So neat to have your son back! Thanks to him for his service to our country!

Karla Yungwirth said...

How wonderful to have your son home!! You must be over the moon. I love these projects - I might just have to try the cutting board!!

Lisa said...

THESE! are awesome!! Absolutely love!