Friday, September 20, 2019

Post #3 - $ Tree Remodel (Last One)

Hello & Happy Friday Everyone! Yay, it's the weekend!
I've still got lots to do and little time to do it in - So
hopefully I will be able to get some stuff off my long list! 😉

In the meantime, I've got 1 more $ Tree remodel to show you!

I saved my FAVORITE one for last!!! hahaha


I created this Adorable Witch sign! I LOOVE it!!! 
I haven't added the Ribbon for hanging it yet, it's on my list! 

The Vinyl I had in my stash, The cute Broom Sticks I found
at Target in their $ Bin (It's an 8 pk) The tiny Coffee stickers 
were in my stash and I colored the black pieces on the cups
so they would blend in with my sign - The Steam is vinyl but I used
a die to make them - The Sentiment is from the Silhouette Store
I used a White Chalk Spray paint from Walmart and I used
some grey acrylic paint from my stash & some jumbo craft sticks

Items from the $ Tree -
1 Beware Sign, 3 Witches signs, Brown Mailing Wrapping Paper


I started by taking apart the witch signs, I used my Mod Podge Spray
to spray the hat & boots so the glitter wouldn't fall off -
Then I added some Stickles to the hat and boots since
a lot of the glitter was off (I mean it is from the $ store) LOL

Then I flipped the Beware sign over and used my White Chalk Spray paint
to paint the backside - Once it was dry, I made some pencil lines
going across the board (to make it look like wood) Then I used my grey
acrylic paint by dry brushing it on the edges and then down
the pencil lines I made - Once that dried - I wanted to attach
The hat and boots. so I flipped my sign back over
where the "Beware" was facing up and flipped my witch
hats and boots down so I can attach them together -
I grabbed a bunch of the jumbo craft sticks and hot glued
the sticks to the hat, boots, and sign base - I did
it all the way across so everything was secure -

Then I took some brown mailing wrapping paper
and traced the entire sign - I didn't want to have the
sticks and beware sign showing on the back -
I'm just weird like that, so I traced and then cut the
whole image out by hand - Then I glued it to the
backside so nothing was showing - 

Once that was done, I flipped my sign back over so I could decorate it
 - I did some measuring so I would know
how big to make my sentiment for cutting out -
Then I picked the colors of vinyl to match up with the
fun witches - Once the words were placed I then hot glued
the 2 brooms onto my sign (1 on each end) - 
then I wanted to add the small coffee cups so I went thru my stash and
found some that would work, except they were brown
so I got out my black sharpie marker and colored the
areas that needed it and then glued them down -
I used the Cheery Lynn Designs (You can brew it) Die set
for the steam - 

I really, really like this sign and can't
wait to hang it up in my kitchen! It's just so fun!


Have a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND!!

Theresa

9 comments:

Sukie said...

Super cute project! I love how you re-created it with your own vision!

Evelyn said...

Absolutely amazing. How big is this, Theresa?

Evelyn

Marilyn said...

Cute project!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

MiamiKel said...

Oh best witches this is! Just BOO-tiful! So festive and fun and a lovely recreation! Hugs!

Greta said...

You are so clever, Theresa! It is so fun--you'll be smiling doing the dishes now--haha!

Gerda said...

WOW, Theresa!!! These projects are all AWESOME!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE them all!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Sue from Oregon said...

Well you certainly are a crafty chick! I loved reading how you created this fun project!!! ♥ Sue Kment

Karla Yungwirth said...

Wow! This is super adorable!! I just love your home decor signs <3

Lisa said...

This is SO cool!! Awesome transformation!