Wednesday, June 9, 2010

INSPIRATION!!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! I wanted to show you a card I made last night... I was inspired by a card my Mom made for me! I got my mother into card making and I have to say she can make some pretty great cards! I'm happy that she likes doing it and that we have something in common that we can talk about! :) Inspiration comes from all over and that's one of the great things about card making or scrapbooking or just any type of crafting... I love doing all those great sketches out there in the "Internet world"! and I love getting an idea from a shirt my son happens to be wearing... But I do enjoy taking a card that was either given to me or a card I've seen somewhere that just spoke to me and making it or changing it to make it my own... And well that's what I did last night... when my mom gave me this card on Mother's day...I really loved how it came out...I thought she did a wonderful job on this card and I wanted to "CASE" it the minute I seen it... Soooo without further ado here is the card my MOM made! :)


I love the flowers she used on this card and the layering and I just thought WOW Mom this looks great! :)
So after admiring it for awhile (6 weeks) LOL I finally decided to make my interpretation of her card... So scroll down a little more to see what I made! :)



Here is my card... I really like how mine came out... I will give you the recipe on this card!
Cardstock - Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron (Stampin' Up)
Designer Paper - The Crafty Stack (DCWV)
Cricut Cartridge - George and basic shapes
Button - Stampin' Up
Ok these are the measurements.... The Card is an A2 size card which is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 in the red, then the chocolate chip layer is 5 1/4 x 4, the Designer Paper layer is 5 x 3 3/4
The center layer is the So saffron (yellow) color and it is 2 x 5 1/4, then the Designer paper which looks like stitching is 1 7/8 x 5, The square shaped layers are as follows.. Brown layer 3 x 3 1/4, then the red is 3 1/8 x 2 7/8, then another brown layer at 2 3/4 x 2 5/8, and then the Designer paper is 2 1/2 x 2 3/8...
The flowers are all made with the DCWV paper stack too.. these are the sizes I cut out using my design studio... 3 1/4", 2 1/2", 1 1/2"... Now I used the Shift Shadow flower button and the reason I used the Design Studio is because that feature gives you a flower with 2 markings in the center of the flowers... like to slide ribbon through or something of that nature... well of course I didn't want that so I used the hide contour feature in my DS to remove those when they cut out....
Lastly I used a red button from my Stampin' Up stash and then I inked the button in the riding hood red color... let that dry and then I use some twine as the thread for the button.... I also used lots of Dimensionals on this card for all the layers... soooo all the flowers are on dimensionals and so is the first square layer... lots of popping going on with this card...... Thanks for taking a peek - let me know what you think! :)
Have a Wonderful day everyone!
Theresa

No comments: