Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Summertime Caterpillar....

Hello & Happy Wednesday Crafty Friends!!!
Tomorrow is Officially the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! YAY
So, I'm super busy this week and wanted to make this
post-Short & Sweet! I'm trying to break up
all the Graduation Card posts and thought I
would share one of the wood projects I made
over the weekend!!! I'm so Happy with how
all of them came out!!! :)




Isn't it Super CUTE??? I think it's adorable!!!

I got the Plain Wooden Caterpillar from my local
Wood store and painted it in Fun Bright
Summer colors - Then I grabbed some of my
Doodlebug Summer Papers and added them to the front
with some Mod Podge to adhere them down
I had to use some wood glue on 2 of the circles
since they were stand out pieces ( I pre-sanded these pieces)
 then I sanded the rest and did some inking around
all the edges to give it a nice finished look -

I purchased some thick wire at my local hardware
store and curled up the antennas with needle nose pliers
And hot glued them into the predrilled holes

Then I added some ribbon that was in my stash
along with a googly eye -
Then I added some assorted adhesive gems to match
the bright colors and that was it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!

Theresa

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is so adorable!!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤️

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, so absolutely adorable!! I love the fun colors and papers!! That googly eye is a perfect touch!! What a fabulous project, my friend!! I love it!! Enjoy the last day of school!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mayras Designs said...

Theresa, this is so, soo CUTE!!!!

Hugs&Blessings,
Mayras

Sukie said...

Adorable project! Love the papers you used on your caterpillar! The antenna are such a great addition! Totally love this project!

Georgiana said...

Cute! Students last day is tomorrow, but I have to go Friday to pack my classroom.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is adorable Theresa!!

Jessica Polka Dot Orchard said...

This is so awesomely cute.

Gerda said...

WOW!!!!! This is so ADORABLE!!!! I love all the pretty papers you used!! I love this project!!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Greta said...

Over the top cute, cute, cute!

e said...

Another school year under your belt! Yay!

Love your little caterpillar!! What a doll! :)

Evelyn

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Your wood Caterpillar is sooo cute!! what a great decor item.

Migdalia said...

Love all this CUTENESS!! Love this!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Karla Yungwirth said...

Oh my goodness! So super cute! I love the way you added the fun papers <3