Friday, October 19, 2018

Square Birthday Ombre....

Hello & Happy Friday Everyone! Yay it's the weekend!
*** This is a Pre-Scheduled Post ***

I made another lovely Birthday card
for a co-worker...


I don't know about you guys... But, do you have a stash of stamps & dies
you haven't even used yet? But HAD to have when you saw them on
a video at let's say... Jennifer McGuire's Youtube Channel??

Raising hand very slowly to say MEEE!! I order them, I organize them
and then I eventually get around to using them! 😛

This beautiful die is no exception! It's a pretty Memory Box die called
Sensational Butterfly Collage
And I SOOOO LOVE IT!!!


I have to tell ya... I DID NOT Distress the paper either! WHAT?
Yup... I found this PRETTY Ombre Designer Paper in the
Silhouette Store! So, I HAD to print it out and it's sooo pretty
when printed out on white smooth Bazzill cardstock!

My card base is a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 square card using (Neenah Solar White)
Then I used a Lawn Fawn stitched square die on
 my ombre digital paper and added some Fun Foam behind it
I attached the butterfly die cut on top of that and added
some glitter to my butterfly with a Sakura glitter pen
Then I sealed the glitter in with a Clear Glaze Sakura Pen

Not wanting my Butterfly to hid I used a strip of Vellum to place
across my card front and Die Cut out the "Birthday" word 4x's
in some black cardstock backed with Stick it adhesive
Layered them all together then worked on placement

I wanted the "wishes" word to stand out too, so I decided
to use Black Embossing powder on that word -
I added some lovely clear adhesive gems...
and that's my card!!!


As my vacation comes to an end
I'll be getting ready to play
Blog commenting catch up -
So please be patient while I try to leave you
wonderful crafty peeps some love!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!

Theresa

12 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so elegant and stunning!! I love the black sentiment on vellum over the beautiful butterfly die!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Evelyn said...

Striking!

Hope you had fun on your vacation!

Evelyn

Marilyn said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and your butterfly!
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Chriss America Real said...

Hi Theresa,
We are back from our short vacation , trying to get back into things . I really like your card , I love the colors and the butterfly .

Hugs,

Chriss

~ Kendra ~ said...

Very, very pretty!!

THANK YOU so much for the nice surprise in the mail the other day!! Was so sweet of you!!! I have had your name on my desk for the last few months to send you a card and it has been so crazy and insane around here, so sorry!! But I wanted to be sure to say thanks! What a sweet and wonderful surprise!! It made my day!!

Hugs!!

Melissa said...

Adorable card, thanks so much for always stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments, so I wanted to swing through and show some blog love as well, have a blessed and crafty day!

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous butterfly and the colors!!
I hope you had a wonderful vacation!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the butterfly on that beautiful ombre background!

Tracy said...

Your card is so beautiful.
I did some shopping damage due to watching Jennifer and Tim holtz videos during my trip, lol.

Greta said...

I can see why you had to get that die! What a gorgeous card!

Lisa said...

THAT is gorgeous paper and a gorgeous die!! Someone is going to be very happy when they receive this one!

Karla Yungwirth Designs said...

So pretty!! I think I really need to use Valium more. I’m seeing it everywhere and it looks great!