Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy New Year! Or is it???

Hello, and Happy New year everyone!
How was your holiday? Did you get some
goodies from Santa? Did you visit friends? Family?
Rest? Bake??

Today I'm gonna share some info on my life for the last
several months - Nothing crafty related today -
But I promise I have something for tomorrows post -

I'm a semi-private person and don't share tons of
info on social media or any place for that matter
and I like it that way - but things have been changing
in my household and I thought I would share it
with you... my followers that actually read my blog
and leave comments - :)

It all started back in July when I got word that
my brother in Law past away - I was working late
when my sister called me - needless to say,
I dropped everything to be with her and spent the first
36 hours trying to help her figure things out before
either of us could sleep - I stayed with her
for about 10 days before I had to return home to work -
It was so heartbreaking, and I miss him every day! :(

Then I kept going back to help her over the next several months
and we both discussed us moving in with her -
My hubby thought it was a great idea but after much debate
and financial realization, it would not be feasible for us 
no matter how much we wanted to -

Enter my mom moving out -
It has always been apart of our future plans, even she was
aware of it - but also very hard on me, since she's lived with me so long -
and when my brother came to take her away, was even harder on me -
Especially since we thought she would be here thru the end of the school
year and that didn't happen - (Sad Face)

I'm happy to say she's doing really well and I call her often
to check in on her - But shortly after she left
my middle son Juston (the Marine) left - He moved away
to continue his education - Which I know is great for him but
he moved so far away that I just can't visit on a whim -
Which is okay I guess, but now with all this
Iran/Iraq talk we're afraid he may get called back in again -
He has an 8 yr. contract and is required to serve 4 yrs automatically
which he did and he just got settled in and is ready to start school
only for all this violence to start up again - So we are ALL on edge right now
about that -

Then - I also live in a rental home (which was never going to be our forever home)
and they decided to work on the foundation of the house we are living in -
It was BAD when we moved in 5 years ago and we told them about it -
Only for them to do nothing until... right after my Mom left, and my son -

So then I had to start packing my things up and moving things around constantly
while they spent weeks trying to "lift" the house -
They did soooo much damage to the inside, it's ridiculous!
They haven't come to fix anything yet - and that has made living here 
a bit difficult -

Bringing us back to living with my sister - we are not moving in
with her, because it's not financially smart for us (Husband is disabled)
Live on a fixed income ( She lives in Arizona) - BUT...  We have a 
home in another state that we can move into - It belongs to
my Father in Law - It needs a lot of work but the home is paid for
(so bonus for us) -

So new plans have been happening - My sister is going to build
a Tiny Home and have it on our property - 1/2 an acre on the side
and we are moving into the main house (his Parents home)
They have their own home in another state as well -
So, it looks like they'll be giving us the property -

It's in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!
I mean clearly, it's "Somewhere" but it's really
out there in the middle of nowhere - (ME = Not Happy)
about that - But for the past several months we have been 
packing and planning and during our Winter break
we didn't celebrate Christmas (Sad Face) but we
had to start planning on fixing up the place we are moving into -

So I spent most of November & December packing most of my house up
and we filled up a rental truck and took it to the new location -
I just so happen to be lucky enough to catch some kind of
Flu Bug on the same day we had to load up the truck - Lucky Me!!

We finally arrived late that night and had to unload
some items right away and clean a toilet since I was staying there to
work on that house for 2 weeks during my break! (and the place was nasty dirty)
Great way to spend Christmas (NOT) but I got severely ill and still
continued to work on the house - luckily I'm better now, but it was a rough
2 weeks with NO INTERNET, a Filthy House I had to clean from top
to bottom and severely ill all at the same time!
Boy, it was a Joy! NOT! 

I can totally see potential in the house and that gives me hope -
But my youngest does not want to live out there and I honestly
can't blame him for that - sooo, we are home here in UT. and my
husband is out there in the middle of nowhere, so Hunter
can finish school - He's a Junior who will be graduating an 
entire year early - (Proud Momma Right Here) :) 
And we are both back to work as well -

I haven't told them yet (work), that I will be leaving, but I'm not leaving until the
end of the school year - and that too makes me sad cuz I 
love my job and the people I work with - So 2020
is bringing LOTS of changes my way -

I also wanted to note - that I always send my
crafty friends Christmas cards - so to those of you that
always get a Christmas card from me and didn't -
I'm so SORRY!!! 
I accidentally packed my Christmas cards up and they
are stored at the other place - I guess they'll be ready
for this next year... eh?  I still have a craft room for the time
being - but it only has 1/2 my stuff in it - We tried to
take as much as we could to the new place, so there would be less
stuff to move in June when I actually leave here -

I kept my stamps, metal dies, photo box (for taking pictures),
computer, alcohol inks, distress inks, some embossing powders,
adhesive, some cardstock, Bigshot, and 2 cutters - I think that's it -
Still a decent supply, so I won't go too crazy since I have empty
rooms throughout my house right now - it looks so weird - 

I still have to make several more trips back and forth as I try to help
fix up the other place while still working and helping Hunter
get through school - My sister has to do the same, since the
1/2 acre she's putting her tiny house on is just dirt right now -
So there's leveling that needs to be done and cement pours
on her side before her house could be set on it - 

And the fact that there is NO place for my crafts at the new place
has me worried as well - we will need to add on or something
and as I said we are on a fixed income, so I need to figure
that all in as well - Every break I get from school will
mean another trip to the other place - so this is going to be interesting 
to say the least! 

If you've made it this far - THANK YOU!
It's been a very long 6 months for me, dealing with
certain things and there are things I haven't mentioned
as well - It's just a lot to take in for me...
I don't think I've had this much going on at
one time in forever - I'm dealing with it as I always do

But wanted you all to know that I may not be on as often
as I would like because of all the happenings going on
right now - And some might even say this isn't a big deal -
but for me it is and like I said there are other things
I didn't mention either - so yeah... it's all going to be fine
I'm sure in the end... but it's also going to be hard as well -

So to those crafty friends who sent me Christmas cards -
THANK YOU SO MUCH! When I finally got home 2 days ago
I was so happy to see all the awesome cards I got...
Made me sad a little since I wasn't able to send mine out -
But I loved seeing them all and 
have them in my sad-looking craft space! LOL 
I'm working on some winter cards, so hopefully
I can mail those off in place of Christmas cards -
We shall see if I can do it, with my limited time...
And let me just say... I'm happy to have the internet again!

2 weeks without internet was hard - I mean I did really
well the first week, cause I was super sick and cleaning
a nasty dirty home, no time for the internet then - but once
I got past that part... when I took a break from sanding walls
or scrapping ceilings, it would have been nice to have! hahaha

I did check into it already - I will have internet
when I get moved... thank goodness they offer it out there -
seriously it's the middle of nowhere - so I was very
worried about that as well - I mean How could I shop!! LOL

Thanks for listening to me ramble -
I really feel better just writing this all out -
hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow with a
much shorter post on a card I made - 


Have a wonderful day!

Theresa

12 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

You have had a lot going on! Bad timing on getting sick ... that must have been miserable! I live in a very rural area too, and you do get used to it.... how far is it to the next bigger town? Hopefully you will get to make regular trips to the bigger town once you're settled in, and you'll have your sister close by too. Best of luck! We will look forward to hearing about your progress.

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my goodness that is a huge change ! I will Pray the the moves goes well - That your sons stays in the states & the other has an amzing end to the year !

perhaps your crafts space can go in your sister tiny home? EIther way I know it will be amazinG!!

cghundley said...

Hoping the year continues
to get better for you. We
too have gotten a house
that is not even a town area.
But we are close to Mesquite
and St. George. And I have
my craft room started.
Best of luck.
Carla from Utah

Beth F. said...

Wow! You really have a lot on your plate right now! Prayers and hugs to you that it all turns out for the best. I didn't get crafty Christmas cards sent out either this year. I simply ran out of time and decided I wasn't going to stress over it! I'm really hoping to get back to more crafting now that the boys are back in school...we will see how that goes! Im glad you kept part of your craft supplies out because no way no how would 6 months go by without you being able to craft!! And we would miss your projects too 💜

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow ... you have had A LOT going on! So sorry about your brother-in-law -- that must have been hard on you and your sister. I hope the new place works out, sounds like once you get it cleaned up the way you want, it will be great! I would LOVE to live in the middle of nowhere! LOL! I can't stand the crowded city life - too many people for my taste! HA!! And you are right about Kingman, they don't get snow often, I am surprised they had some in November of all months! Of course November was a unusually rainy month for AZ, so that might have something to do with it! :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Theresa! I hope 2020 will be a better year for you. You've certainly gone through a lot of change, with more changes ahead. I am so sorry to read about your brother-in-law - please accept my deepest sympathies. It sounds like you have a good plan in place going forward and I will pray that all works out for you and your family.

Hugs,
Kitty

Janis Lewis said...

Theresa, wow. This explains why you came to mind today. You have so much going on, but you have a great attitude about it all. As far as the things you didn't mention... I'm praying for that area of your life too. I'm so sorry for your loss... all of them... on every level. I pray the home in nowhere will bring you surprised peace and relaxation. That you can hear the birds sing in the morning. That a fox or two will run across your yard. That the butterflies congregate around your windows and porch. That you and your sister will find combined strength to traverse through these life changes. That all of this is a blessing through the tears. I love you. I hurt for you. But I know God's got you and your family through this. Rely on His strength when you don't have enough of your own. Thank you so much for sharing this. Love you!
https://youtu.be/1CSVqHcdhXQ

Marilyn said...

OMG! You sure did have a lot going on. Sorry for your loss. Sending prayers that everything will go smoothly for the new year. Just take it one day at a time and more importantly take care of yourself and your family. We all will still be here when you can get back to really crafting.
Have a great day!
Marilyn❤

Sukie said...

Wow, Theresa! You have a very full plate right now! I'm sending you virtual hugs and know that you will settle into this new chapter of your life in no time! I also did not get my Christmas cards sent out this year, life has been too crazy! Hang in there my friend and continue crafting as you have the opportunity!

Greta said...

Wowzer! I'm not sure I'd be functioning at all with so much change--some of it being sad. Glad you can look ahead & see that it will be good in the end. All those beautiful foiled cards ready to send next year is a very good thing! Thinking of you & wishing you peace in the midst of the turmoil, Theresa. Hugs, Greta

Lisa said...

Oh my Theresa! Giant bear hugs to you!! I had no idea you have been going through all of this and I am so sorry. I'm wishing only good things for you from here forward. You are obviously a very strong person.. hang in there... and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Love and hugs to you and your family.

Karla Yungwirth said...

Oh my goodness Theresa! That is a lot to deal with. Moving is stressful in itself and you have many more things added on. I hope things move ahead for you as smoothly as possible. I’m so sorry to hear of your brother-in-law’s passing. I’m sure it’s a big comfort to your sister to have your support. Take a deep breath and one day at a time! Big hugs!!