Monday, January 4, 2016

Basic Training Congrats -

Hello & Happy New Year my Crafty Friends!
I hope you all had a great weekend, enjoying
the New Year Celebrations - I had New Years Day off
to spend with my Family then back to work on the 2nd!
No New Year's Resolutions here - but I always try to make
myself a better person than I was the year before - :)

Today, I'm gonna share the card I made for my Son's
Boot Camp Graduation, which is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks!
I so can't wait to see him, and in his uniform at that!
This is one Proud Marine Mom!!! :)

The file I'm using today is from KaDoodle Bug Designs


Now, My son is NOT in the Army, so I had to 
change the hat color to suit the Marine's!
The Boots match the Marine's already, but no 
green hat goes upon his head! :)

Here's what I created -


I honestly like how it turned out and I think he will too! 
I did do the inside as well, but got lazy about taking the picture -

Here's the Card Recipe -

Card Stock - Stampin' Up, Georgia Pacific, Doodlebug, Bo Bunny
Designer Paper - Simple Stories (Say Cheese & Say Cheese 2)
EK Success Dry Chalk for the Eyes & Cheeks
1/2 Circles, Banners -Sil. Program
Military Penguin - Ka Doodle Bug Designs
Sentiment - Scrappy Moms (Homeland Heroes)

post signature

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

How exciting!!! This is awesome!

Migdalia said...

This is so CUTE!! I love the cute hat!! Awesoem news!!
Have a blessed day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Karon said...

Wonderful card and congrats to your son. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the patriotic penguin and how you Marine'd him up!! Your son will love it!! Congrats on his soon-to-be graduation from Boot Camp!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gerda said...

Happy New Year for you and your family, Theresa!!!
What a fabulous card!!! Your Son will love it!!!
Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

How exciting! He is sure to appreciate this! It is great! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Anonymous said...

You are a fabulous mom. He will love this special card.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Congratulations to your son -what an amazing achievement! I know you must be bursting with pride, and rightly so.

I love this adorable (but in a manly, Marine sort of way) card. The penguin is super cute and I love all the added military embellishments.

Sharon said...

Awesome card Theresa!!! I'm sure he is going to love it!! :)

Sukie said...

Such an awesome card! You definitely have earned the proud mommy moment! Congratulations to your family on such an amazing accomplishment!

Krystal Klear Creations said...

This is super cool and I know the lazy feeling of no picture of the inside lol!!! Love this file you used! T.F.I

Lorie said...

REally, really cute! Congrats on being a military mom...it is hard but few things will make you more proud! Now, since I'm a proud wife of a retired Army husband and of a former Army mom I must say...heeeeyyyy, nothing wrong with the Army so watch yourself girlie! (That was said all in jest!!) I found graduation from Basic Training to be such a neat time with my son...I hope you will be able to make it and enjoy it too!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Congrats for your son! My son will be shipping out this year for his 1st four year assignment in Germany, very exciting and such a great card!