Monday, January 4, 2016

Basic Training Congrats -

Hello & Happy New Year my Crafty Friends!
I hope you all had a great weekend, enjoying
the New Year Celebrations - I had New Years Day off
to spend with my Family then back to work on the 2nd!
No New Year's Resolutions here - but I always try to make
myself a better person than I was the year before - :)

Today, I'm gonna share the card I made for my Son's
Boot Camp Graduation, which is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks!
I so can't wait to see him, and in his uniform at that!
This is one Proud Marine Mom!!! :)

The file I'm using today is from KaDoodle Bug Designs


Now, My son is NOT in the Army, so I had to 
change the hat color to suit the Marine's!
The Boots match the Marine's already, but no 
green hat goes upon his head! :)

Here's what I created -


I honestly like how it turned out and I think he will too! 
I did do the inside as well, but got lazy about taking the picture -

Here's the Card Recipe -

Card Stock - Stampin' Up, Georgia Pacific, Doodlebug, Bo Bunny
Designer Paper - Simple Stories (Say Cheese & Say Cheese 2)
EK Success Dry Chalk for the Eyes & Cheeks
1/2 Circles, Banners -Sil. Program
Military Penguin - Ka Doodle Bug Designs
Sentiment - Scrappy Moms (Homeland Heroes)

post signature

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Marilyn said...

Cute card!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

How exciting!!! This is awesome!

Migdalia said...

This is so CUTE!! I love the cute hat!! Awesoem news!!
Have a blessed day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Karon said...

Wonderful card and congrats to your son. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the patriotic penguin and how you Marine'd him up!! Your son will love it!! Congrats on his soon-to-be graduation from Boot Camp!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gerda said...

Happy New Year for you and your family, Theresa!!!
What a fabulous card!!! Your Son will love it!!!
Have a great day.
Hugs Gerda

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

How exciting! He is sure to appreciate this! It is great! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Stephanie said...

You are a fabulous mom. He will love this special card.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Congratulations to your son -what an amazing achievement! I know you must be bursting with pride, and rightly so.

I love this adorable (but in a manly, Marine sort of way) card. The penguin is super cute and I love all the added military embellishments.

Sharon said...

Awesome card Theresa!!! I'm sure he is going to love it!! :)

Sukie said...

Such an awesome card! You definitely have earned the proud mommy moment! Congratulations to your family on such an amazing accomplishment!

Krystal T said...

This is super cool and I know the lazy feeling of no picture of the inside lol!!! Love this file you used! T.F.I

Lorie said...

REally, really cute! Congrats on being a military mom...it is hard but few things will make you more proud! Now, since I'm a proud wife of a retired Army husband and of a former Army mom I must say...heeeeyyyy, nothing wrong with the Army so watch yourself girlie! (That was said all in jest!!) I found graduation from Basic Training to be such a neat time with my son...I hope you will be able to make it and enjoy it too!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

Congrats for your son! My son will be shipping out this year for his 1st four year assignment in Germany, very exciting and such a great card!